When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Old School MBW Red Sub

Watchmeister

A forum member was asking me about MBW red subs this morning so I started digging around the watch box and came up with this one. These pics are for him. ;) Vets will get a kick out of this one. I did it years ago and over the years it has been touched by a number of modders both here today and no longer here. This one has all the usual - original MBW case with gen crown, tube and springbars, cg's and case refinished, insert with good pearl, relumed dial, Watchmeister's date wheel overlay, etc. Unfortunately I never got around to swapping the crystal but someday...

DSCN1597.jpg

DSCN1588.jpg

DSCN1598.jpg

DSCN1599.jpg

DSCN1592.jpg

DSCN1591.jpg

Great looking watch. the 1680 is probably my favorite vintage Rolex. I have that ones brother on my wrist right now. White letter version. Hard to beat the old school MBW's as a modding platform.

AP

Wow, that brings back memories :) ..unfortunately I sold mine long ago

I've got a gen NOS crystal that would look great on that watch. It's been hanging around too long, I'd give you a great deal on it if you're interested W.

Wear in good health!

Wow, that brings back memories :) ..unfortunately I sold mine long ago

I've got a gen NOS crystal that would look great on that watch. It's been hanging around too long, I'd give you a great deal on it if you're interested W.

Wear in good health!

Appreciate that. I actually do have one already hanging around but never got around to putting it on.