When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sunlight,UV and rep watch dial colour

sul

Gen watches are quite "sun proof" - black dial remain`s black after some time in direct sunlight.

But what about rep watches? Is needed to keep them out of sunlight or rep dial colour`s are "sun proof "also?

;):g:

Im not really sure If I understand your question, but I will try. :pardon: My black rep dials react the same way In the sun as do my gens. I have noticed no difference In the dial color as far as the UV Is concerned. Some of my reps have less glare due to better AR but thats about It, hope this helps :) Mike

Im not really sure If I understand your question, but I will try. :pardon: My black rep dials react the same way In the sun as do my gens. I have noticed no difference In the dial color as far as the UV Is concerned. Some of my reps have less glare due to better AR but thats about It, hope this helps :) Mike

That is helpful. Thanks. And yes you understood right my question. B)

I believe you are asking about a dial turning brown, or "tropical" from the sun. My 13 years old MBW Sea Dweller dial has started to turn tropical, even though I have not heard of this happening to anyone else.

tropic.jpg

I believe you are asking about a dial turning brown, or "tropical" from the sun. My 13 years old MBW Sea Dweller dial has started to turn tropical, even though I have not heard of this happening to anyone else.

tropic.jpg

Yes, that`s why I am a little bit concerned, if my rep watch will stay a long time in direct sunlight, maybe my watch black dial will not be so black any more, dial will be

faded( faded-yep that is the right word what I was looking for :) ) But as I understand this is not very big problem, dial colour will be faded but only during longer period

Are you talking about appearance in the sun?

Or are you talking about the dial fading?

About dial fading yes B)

sry, english is not my first language

Yes that is a very good question, Sul.

It is rare for a rep or a gen watch to fade like this. The rep in my picture above is 13 years old, and the gen in the next picture is 39 years old. The other gen in the picture is 52 years old and it has not faded. I don't think you should be worried.

chocolate.jpg