When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Haven't logged in much lately

redwatch

Hi folks,

So I went on vacation last week to Canada. Got to see my family, had an awesome GTG with Toad Torrent & Andreww, and had lots and lots of R & R. So, my question is......since i haven't logged in since Saturday, how is it that there is only 8 new postings? Is something up with the "View New Posts"?

Thanks!

Good to have you back Red! Hope you and family are well rested. Never been to Canada (or the States for that matter).....really need to plan a trip that way. Heard Toads making his way over to London soon :) yup news travels fast haha. Ive never used the "view new posts"........whats it about? Is it new posts to threads you started? Or new threads that people start? Sorry being a bit dense here....

unfortunately no, I didn't. I was enjoying the conversation and the beers that HackR bought for us a little too much. Funny thing was I had my D90 and lenses with me in my daypack! I even took it out so that Toad could see it. Never even dawned on any of us to snap some pics! :doh:

The "View New Posts" link is supposed to show all the new postings you and others have posted since your last login. It's usually a very useful tool! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

WOOHOO! Ive just used the "VNP" link and it says (very formallly I might add) "there are 75 new entries" :thumbsupsmileyanim:

When you're not logged in Time stops around the world S. :)

haha! :thumbsupsmileyanim: Very nice R! How's things in sunny Spain my friend??

WOOHOO! Ive just used the "VNP" link and it says (very formallly I might add) "there are 75 new entries"

It's a great tool, isn't it? I swear by it, but I was quite distressed when there wasn't much new yesterday! After looking through the GD, and a couple of other threads, I noticed there was, in fact, quite a bit new that I hadn't seen yet. Must of been a glitch in the system?

Welcome back Red! I've been away for a while too and I missed this place! The VNP is always kinda sporadic for me...most of the time it works great - but occasionally I run into the same problem.

I thought you had a D40...did you recently upgrade? I am jealous! I was at a wedding over the weekend oggling the camera guys D3S - AMAZING! He was taking night shots with a 50mm F/1.4 @ ISO 6400 and they looked as clear and my D60 during the day @ ISO 400...really cool!

Hey DB! Good to have you back! Haven't seen you around for a while. I was starting to wonder what had happened to you!

I did upgrade to a D90 about a month ago. It's an amazing camera! Got some new lenses for it too. I found a 70-210 f/4.0-5.6 on craigslist for $150.00 and bought a New-Old-Stock Nikon 28-80 G f/3.3 - 5.6 on eBay for $99.00. That is a great little lens. Won't work on the D40 because it doesn't have the internal focusing motor, but it is nice and sharp! It was highly recommended by Ken Rockwell as a great, light, every day lens.

I must admit I would really like to get the 24-70 f/2.8 but $1,800 is a little steep for me at the moment :D Besides, I want that Tokina 11-16 first! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hey buddy! Spain is great as always. Finally startin to warm up in madrid!!!

So isn't the big day getting close! Have you decided on which watch you're gonna sport! :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

The big day is on hold at the moment. Nothing bad happening, just decided that May was too early for us to get everything together :D As for the watch, I already have the one ready to go. I bought a beautiful Franken DateJust :D

Hey DB! Good to have you back! Haven't seen you around for a while. I was starting to wonder what had happened to you!

I did upgrade to a D90 about a month ago. It's an amazing camera! Got some new lenses for it too. I found a 70-210 f/4.0-5.6 on craigslist for $150.00 and bought a New-Old-Stock Nikon 28-80 G f/3.3 - 5.6 on eBay for $99.00. That is a great little lens. Won't work on the D40 because it doesn't have the internal focusing motor, but it is nice and sharp! It was highly recommended by Ken Rockwell as a great, light, every day lens.

I must admit I would really like to get the 24-70 f/2.8 but $1,800 is a little steep for me at the moment :D Besides, I want that Tokina 11-16 first! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Congrats on the acquisition! I am jealous! I should have made the wife deal with the larger body of the D90 vs the D60, but hindsight is 20/20. Now I have to wait until we have a need to upgrade. :)

Maybe I should become a wedding photographer just to buy cool equipment!

Yeah, the D3s is an amazing camera! Waaayyyyy too much money for me to justify buying it, but it is fast, and the low light abilities of that camera are unbelievable! The wedding photogs have all the cool toys! At least the really good ones who get all the work :D

Just a little back to the original topic, the VNP link seems to be working better now. It's so weird that it did that the other day.