When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vc Overseas Dial Mod

HauteHippie

Is it a simple task to remove the cross from a VC Overseas dial without damaging them (both the dial and the cross)? What's the best way to go about removing the cross?

Thanks!

personally...while the cross bugs me....i dont think it's worth taking a chance on ruining the dial. the texture is very defined and i think the paint can be easily damaged. unless you can get a whole dial. be careful or don't bother. bracelet and endlink mods are the way to go on this one.

Is it a simple task to remove the cross from a VC Overseas dial without damaging them (both the dial and the cross)? What's the best way to go about removing the cross?

Thanks!

I did this mod and it turned out fine. If I was doing it again I could do a better job. Removing the cross isn't the issue, putting the right amount of glue and re-attaching the other better cross is difficult.

I plan on making flavorflav's mods soon to have a 99.9% perfect vc overseas!

Looking @ both of them hand in hand, I feel like it might benefit from swapping the numerals as well? They look better on the old one.

I think the new numerals are better. Side by side with a gen, they're almost right on. The older ones were too thin.

I couldn't hold out any longer, and have a gen 2 Overseas on its way to me from Joshua now....

Chieftang-

Good decision. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Did you go for black or white dial?

White. I *need* a white dial watch. And the more I look at gen white/silver pics, the more I think the rep is pretty damn good. I'm also going to pick up an old dial and see what can be done in the way of a cross transplant. Then the only real inaccuracy of any consequence will be the date font, which I realize will probably never be solved. But, it's really not that bad on a watch without a date magnifier. And, besides, how many genuine VC Overseas have you ever seen walking around. Zero for me. Zero Overseas reps for that matter, too. Hehe. ;)

EDIT: On second thought, when I look at this pic of a gen, that font reminds me an AWFUL lot of the Rolex font and I just so happen to have a spare 2824 rolex date wheel. HRRMMMMM - I wonder if the date window location and size are a match!?!?

119426-21923.jpg

Edited by chieftang

I did this mod and it turned out fine. If I was doing it again I could do a better job. Removing the cross isn't the issue, putting the right amount of glue and re-attaching the other better cross is difficult.

I plan on making flavorflav's mods soon to have a 99.9% perfect vc overseas!

Can you share with us your experience on how to remove the cross from the dial without damaging both?

Thanks.