When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW 6263 Crown/Tube Spring (Need your advice)

Ahky

Dear Members,

I unscrewed the crown from the DW case (as if I were to set the time) I noticed that there is no spring action in the crown. Not sure if I'm clear but I expected that a spring would pop the crown out to a postion where I could then pull out the stem to position to set the time.

Does'nt the gen have the spring loaded crown? If so where would I get one?

best and thanks for your advice.

Yeah, the crown should be spring loaded.

Sometimes the clutch that engages the crown/spring mech fails, and you may notice that either the spring doesn't really work, or there is a clicking/slipping of the crown when trying to wind the watch.

If you need just the DW crown, I believe I have one that you can have. I will check it over and make sure it's spring and clutch works, but if I do, you're welcome to it.

Unless I'm missing something, no the spring doesn't pop the crown out to the winding position. After unscrewing the crown you have to manually pull it out to wind it.

Edit: I think I misread your question. I think Ubi has got it though.

Edited by kbh

Sorry Ubi! Please don't take any offense of my comment...it was directed at the DW crowns! I have 3 of them and all of them had the same problem the OP mentioned!

But back to the question at hand...Yuki has a used gen crown/tube set for sale on his site for $60, pretty reasonable IMO...but it looks like they are now on backorder.

Ubi.

If you could, can you please advise on the Gen Rolex Crown/Tube part # and/or diameter in MM. There seems to be a lot of 7mm crowns, but it does not indicate that it is for a 6263 model.

thanks much again.