When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen datejust dial>rep day date case?

pollux1

Yes it can. I have inserted a couple of gen dials into reps. IMO rep dials were the weakest link in DJ reps in the past. Today the rep DJ dials are vastly improved even over just a year ago. The new DJ2 dials are great.

I cut the feet off the gen dial and then glued it to the metal movement ring. The cheap Asian movements have a plastic movement ring so I never attempted a dial swap on any of those. The result of the change was dramatic as the gen dial upped the appearance of the rep significantly. This is an easy mod for a semi experienced rep owner. Good luck with it and show us the results.

Yes it can. I have inserted a couple of gen dials into reps. IMO rep dials were the weakest link in DJ reps in the past. Today the rep DJ dials are vastly improved even over just a year ago. The new DJ2 dials are great.

I cut the feet off the gen dial and then glued it to the metal movement ring. The cheap Asian movements have a plastic movement ring so I never attempted a dial swap on any of those. The result of the change was dramatic as the gen dial upped the appearance of the rep significantly. This is an easy mod for a semi experienced rep owner. Good luck with it and show us the results.

If the feet won't fit, I've used 2mm x 2 mm squares of double-sided tape to fix dials directly to the front of the movement. Sometimes, it's necessary to use a stack of three layers of tape to get proper clearance so the datewheel doesn't jam the movement at midnight, (and four individual stacks for a balanced result)but other than that, I've found it an effective method :)

Have you looked at the price of these recently Ubi? Over a year ago I was picking up gen DJ cases with bezel, crystal, crown, etc, for $200 or less. Now they are without bezel, usually without crown, for a lot more. That's the acrylic models too, no idea what the later saphire crystal ones would be, they just don't seem to be around. I do agree though, if you can afford the extra, this is the way to go.

can I use a gen daydate dial in a daydate rep ?

are the date /day positions correct ?

I have attempted this but the day and date were mis-alined a lot. I do not remember the movement that I tried the swap onto as it was a few years ago and I moved onto other mods.