When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mbw Watches

keeno

MBW is a private collector who has helped shape the world of Rolex reps as we know them today. While there aren't many (i.e. read as any) 'best out of the box' replicas available, the vintage MBW's are without a doubt amongst the best that you can start with, as it provides the ideal platform to modify from; genuine parts fit with little to no modification required. Modern Rolex models, as well as MBW's other brand offerings are similar to what other dealers have, so it's the vintage models that really stand out (though it can be argued that MBW's modern Subs are indeed slightly different than the TW Best models, which are also excellent in their own right).

For some reading on two very popular vintage Rolex reps, here is a write up I did some time ago detailing the 1680 Submariner, and the 1665 Sea-Dweller.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=107&hl=

Hope this helps.

P.S. To add yet another acronym to the mix, WM #1 (WatchMaster) vintage watches are also of the same caliber. Excellent pieces!

Keeno:

MBW stands for "Maria's Best Watch"....Maria (a guy) was a dealer back in the old days. The MBW vintage rollies (Double Red, Single Red, Comex, Milgauss) are considered the best in as much as they will accept genuine Rol*x parts. They are expensive (between $400-$500 USD). You can also get MBW reps of modern rollies, but the consensus is that you can probably do better as far as price with most of the subs from preferred dealers.

Do a search on MBW and you'll find a lot of information and pictures (10 pages). The only known dealer is George and he hangs out on TRC (but you'll have to work a bit to find him)....they also come up for sale in the members areas.

i looked for a while but couldnt find much so i posted this question.if you dont like this post then simply dont reply.theres no need for answers like that!!!

:doh::doh::doh:

keeno my friend - you have found yourself walking into the 2 buzzsaws that there are on this forum in 1 week. I actually think this is a record.

I realize your new to forums. but we just went over this in the SD thread

i don't doubt that you were looking all over the forum, but I am not sure your using the search function

i just put "mbw" and hit search and the 3rd hit was this

Review Of Modded Mbw Rolex 1680 Submariner, + Reference Guide & Introduction to "MBW" replicas

and - when you go to the thread, MBW is highlighted - and you immediately see this paragraph

"Very common question among the new members is: "What is a MBW?"

MBW means "Maria's Best Watch". Besides "Maria" there have been other dealers, such as WatchMaster, Luckyyy and George who have sold these exact same watches. Thus calling them all "MBW" is misleading, but it has become the commonly used "general term" among the members. I think it's a good term, because it makes identifying them easier for everyone. "

here are the search results

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?act=Se...mp;highlite=mbw

You need to make the search button your friend. Like we discussed before in the other thread - in order to get the most out of the forum you will have to put alot of time in.