When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What to Do with a Slevin

AmStaFF

Hi All,

I got my first IWC this Week, from a good Friend here on board.

I am overwhelmed by the quality, but her a few Questions for the IWC Freaks :)

What is to do that the Slevin looks more like the gen?

I would be grateful for any information, to build my perfect Slevin.

thanks for looking

I would definitely replace the A7750 with a gen 79320 from Niklas and also get the inner bezel lumed by Zig (along with the dial and hands of course) :victory:

This is one great watch you got there btw Am may you wear it in good health and enjoy the best out of it my friend

John

I would definitely replace the A7750 with a gen 79320 from Niklas and also get the inner bezel lumed by Zig (along with the dial and hands of course) :victory:

John

Hey J,

Thanks for your Reply, Niklas is Concepta or? The Movement Swap was my first Idea, as i got the Slevin, but i think all gen Movements are sold out or have you other Informations?

you see a chance to make the lume job here in the EU, offers Domi this?

What is with the DW is this ok?

thanks for your help Bro :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hi!

Personally I wouldn't bother swapping the movement. It's a closed caseback after all. Lume is a good thing to do, though.

And I always thought the AR was a bit too blueish on that model, so maybe AR would be a good improvement, too.

Cheers,

Whatever

P.S.: I once asked Domi about reluming a PAM - he said he'll have to look at it first. So it seems, in general he does lume jobs.

Hey J,

Thanks for your Reply, Niklas is Concepta or? The Movement Swap was my first Idea, as i got the Slevin, but i think all gen Movements are sold out or have you other Informations?

you see a chance to make the lume job here in the EU, offers Domi this?

What is with the DW is this ok?

thanks for your help Bro :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yes Niklas is concepta, he is dealing with some personal problems as we speak and i am not sure if he will be able to help you at the moment,but you can

try and shoot him a pm.I wasn't aware that gen movement are sold out

If this fails you can always try and get a gen ETA 7750 from Cousins.Swapping movements is not a cosmeticaly thing,slevin has indeed a close caseback,but it

is a matter of performance and reliability.I have tried all three movements in my 3789 (A7750,ETA 7750 and IWC 3789) and trust me when i say that it

makes a difference.ETA movement is a lot smoother also.As a matter if fact i had a gen 7750 kept for builting a Slevin but i have up that project for another

and sold the movement to Namor.

As for the lume, it is one of the most important upgrades on the Slevin.The reason i mentioned Z is because he is an expert on reluming a Slevin inner bezel

but i have no doubts that Domenico will be as good as Z.Domenico has re lumed my 3789 and his job is great.He can also provide AR services so if i were

you i would shoot him a pm and ask him about that.

Slevin is a great watch,i was on the way of builting one for my self as well and it really deserves those upgrades!!!

Oh and regarding the day-date wheels, yes you are right i would swap them too with gen eta.I had bought 2 pairs (black/white and white/black) from Cousins for

a good price.

Thank you all, summary

1. gen Movement from Niklas --> i will write Niklas and Osrep a PM

2. eta DW --> @ J. you have one for me? Let me know Bro

3. Lume & AR --> Domi or Z., i think i go with Z. Domi is great but Z. has more experience

i will write Z. a PM for the next dates

What is with gen Parts, Crown, Tube .....will this fit?

cheers

Mike

Hi,

I got a Top Gun presently "under construction" with Niklas.V1 case with V2 dial,

Gen movement, relume und new AR .

The mov. will be installed by Domi, AR will come from Uwe and I believe that Niklas is doing the lume himself.

Domi is not too keen on doing lume himself. He does lume on markers and hands, but not always numbers and the like.

I had him doing the lume on my 3717 (markers and hands), the result is very good.

It is true, that Niklas has some personal problems at the moment (not himself).You might want to give him a week or so.

cheers !

Sorry Am but i sold my lot back in April

Also OSrep has already sold his mvt

But you can get day/date wheels from http://www.cousinsuk.com/catalog.aspx?did=4&pcatid=75&catid=328 for 3.50GBP/DAY WHEEL and 7.50/DATE WHEEL

As for the gen parts i have never tried to install anything else but in my opinion they should fit since the Gen's base movement is the ETA 7750.

But have in mind that you will need to modify the hour/minute/main chrono hand in order to fit the GEN ETA 7750 or the GEN 79320,no worries there though

Domenico has done that way too many times!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just bumping the question above!

Has anyone tried fitting a gen rubber strap or bracelet to the Slevin as well?

I think both strap and bracelet of the rep are extremely good quality. So why invest in that. First things to modd is at least a relume.