When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD "OREV" alignment

Edwin25

Hi guyes,

A short question:

I just got my DSSD back from Vac and it looks stunning!!

There is only one thing that's bugging me a little bit:

The alignment of "Original Gas Escape Valve" isn't perfect. ( yea i know it's only 2 millimeter or something :wounded1: )

Can i open the caseback and align it myself. ( and is it easy to do?)

Or, do i just have bad luck and is it fabriq installed? :black_eye:

Tnx guys!

1275790133-370.jpg

E.

Edited by Edwin25

hi FxrAndy,

tnx m8!

i thought.. Lets open the caseback... And look by myself.

So i opend the post of GioArmani got my 'wachtmaker toolkit and keeped my fingers crossed

I have 2 left hand and litte patients.... :pardon:

i never did this... And i will never do it again!!!! :bangin::bangin:

opening the caseback..piece of cake.... Un-mounting the stern.... Easy...

Take of the screws and movement... Simple...

And indeed...the part of the case is fixed and can' move...

Then putting it back together... i make al the classic noob mistakes.

Fingerprints on de dial.... Fingerprints on the inside of the crystal... Minute hand felt out..

Screw felt on the ground.. Was looking almost for a half hour where it felt ( found it @ the end)

bottemline : decepting the dssd 15 minutes... Putting back the dssd almost 2 hours.... Indeed:

Priceless!

Modders... I have greater respec for you now!

E.

That ring lock piece can come out but it has to come out through the top which means taking off the bezel and crystal. I got it all disassembled down to the bezel and couldn't get the bezel off. After several hours of trying, I put it back together and sold the watch. Mine was way off and it was the first and last purchase from Jackie Chen, one of the trusted dealers here. He refused to do anything about it.

That ring lock piece can come out but it has to come out through the top which means taking off the bezel and crystal. I got it all disassembled down to the bezel and couldn't get the bezel off. After several hours of trying, I put it back together and sold the watch. Mine was way off and it was the first and last purchase from Jackie Chen, one of the trusted dealers here. He refused to do anything about it.

ok.. I didn't know that.... I tried to move the ring lock piece from te inside, but it didn.t move a minimeter....

I thought it was superglued or something...

But i am not going to try again...

Kbh: what s more off than my piece?

E.

I personally don't see anything wrong with yours. Mine had the right edge of the "s" lined up at the 12 marker. It was way off center to the right. I believe there seems to be a little variation in the gen pictures I've looked at. Yours seems almost dead one to this gen picture.

dwellerface.jpg

I personally don't see anything wrong with yours. Mine had the right edge of the "s" lined up at the 12 marker. It was way off center to the right. I believe there seems to be a little variation in the gen pictures I've looked at. Yours seems almost dead one to this gen picture.

+1 ... i think yours is excellent!

It's a very close call....

On mine the K of 'LOCK' is at 6 exactly, and the O and E on the top words nearly centred with the 10 and 2 markers.

post-3909-024949200 1275979703_thumb.jpg

My concern was always that the 6 hour bar looked crooked. But when I put a line on the pic it seems to be an optical illusion.

What I've also read is that the centering of Gens can vary.

I think yours looks pretty good, and would try not to worry too much....

Yes you have an alignment issue.. but it's unfixable. If you were to align the "O" and the "E" your bottom "R" and "M" would be out of whack. It looks as if the engraving on your ring lock system is just not centered correctly. If you center per the bottom letters.. the top is off. if you center per the top letters the bottom is off...

Leave it as is :)