When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can you name these movements (from photos)?

metaljesus

Oh hugely knowledgable and incredibly wise RWG members! Help a struggling watch geek ID a couple of movements! ... please. :)

I can post really high res photos if needed.

Thanks heaps for any help, I really appreciate it.

-mj

This one is gold in colour, its not just the photos.

2a0f486a.jpg

650a07fc.jpg

a11c9c85.jpg

47d83e16.jpg

And this one:

6b90c8ec.jpg

828242d8.jpg

008f53f2.jpg

4cd97b1e.jpg

From looking at the text under the balance wheel, the first one appears to be an ETA 2836-2 movement. The second one, I'm guessing it's an Asian movement you found in a Rolex rep. However, I'm not sure if the ETA movement is genuine or copy as they can always fool me. It seems to me that most copy movements do come in gold finish where genuine are available in two finishes: Nickle and Gold.

Well the first one is a clone ETA 2836-2. However it is missing a few parts related to the date wheel. I suppose if you were going to use it in a watch that had no date it would be fine.

The other appears to be a DG2813 based on the size of the balance wheel. Could be wrong though.

Only tell visible in the shots is the lack of notches in the balance shock for spring removal. Clone only has one ETA has three.

Thanks for the information. It appears to me that the balance shock has three slots in the above photos.

Am I wrong? :confused: