When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A few questions about 5513 and 16610

rolexmaniac88

Dear fellow members,

Today, after a lot of research, i need your help on a few matters.

The first one concerns my WM9 BK V3 16610:

1) Installing gen tube and crown and shaving CG's:

Ok, so this is a great rep and i'm very happy with it. Already got a gen insert that fitted perfectly in the bezel. Now, i want to take it a step forward. That would be gen tube, gen crown and shaving those CG's that are a bit too long for my taste (and probably for everyones taste :drinks: ). Since I seriously lack any skill whatsoever to take up this mods myself without risking to screw everything (and I mean everything), could anyone (in Europe if possible since i'm located there but wouldn't bother the US) indicate me a modder or come forward willing to take up the deed? Also, if anyone could indicate to me how much would this kind of mod cost me?

I have a hint to where to get the gen tube and crown that i need. So all i am asking is someone who would have the time and the skill to shave my CGs a bit as per gen and install the gen crown and tube (maybe i would need a new solid stem as well, but i really don't know anything about this).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2) Since my bezel is starting to show some disfunction (normaly unidirectional but between 10 and 55 it became bi-directional with time :black_eye: , don't know why but after all it is just a rep so i assume it is quite normal.

If someone had a spare gen bezel assembly to sell (i remember a few weeks back a member had purchased two sets but wasn't sure they were both genuine - so if they are and that you don't need both, please come forward :victory: ).

The only thing for the gen bezel is that i am waiting for a good price since it is definitely not a priority, the one i have for now does it for me.

3) general question: does a gen 93250 would fit the WM9 case and if yes, how much does a 93250 cost? Or for that matter, would a 93150 with 580 endlinks fit as well even if it is not correct for a Z serial because i think that 93150 are cheaper than 93250? Any advice?

Hope i didn't lose you already, but for the members with whom i have already discussed, they know i tend to write A LOT !!! So i apologize for that !

Second: 5513 project.

I have been pondering a 5513 project for a while now. I came to a conclusion: at first, i wanted to do a 5513 milsub but the more i gathered info the more i was discouraged. Even the NDT dial doesn't do it for me at all (the T is just wrong, wrong place and wrong typo) and it saddens me to spend $350 on something that is just not good enough. I don't know anything about the cost of having a dial printed but i discarted this option pretty early on. At this point, i was going to get a 5513 fantasy with fixed lugs and sword hands. But then, i saw some 5513 and the stainless steel bracelet does do it justice. So i decided to go the 5513 simple route. Same old same old: spending $350 for a dial, even for a good one, is kind of no go for me. I have lost the opportunity to get UBIs or JoJo35s when they were selling one and since then, i thought about it real hard.

So my two questions are:

1) What would you think about a 5513 project classical but with a gen later dial (WG surroundings)? I found a spider one at

Hey buddy,

For your modification work, since you want to stay in the EU for customs reasons, I would probably recommend Domi/bricciola for the job :)

As for the 16610 bezel- If it's gone bi-directional, it's probably just a matter of adjusting the click spring. It's possible that it's out of alignment and not engaging in the ratchet teeth, or it may need to be re-bent, or replaced if it is damaged. I don't think you need a new bezel assembly at this point, unless you just want to replace with gen for the aesthetic change and difference in feel.

For the 93250- I believe it does fit, but the SELs might not be as snug as a fit as the WM9 pieces. watcher did this swap on one of his WM9's, I seem to recall; I think he would be a good person to inquire on about this since he has first hand experience.

For the 5513 stuff-

If you are looking for a dial, I might have one that may work for you. It's not perfect, but it's very usable.

The 5513 uses the 1520 inside- This is the non-chronometer movement. Beat rate is 19800bph, so any 2846 or 2783 will be a close match (slightly faster at 21600bph).

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

//ubi

Just to follow up- I see your 16610 bezel problem is only isolated to a certain range on the rotation; in that case, there may be some ratchet teeth missing or damaged on the bezel. In that case, you may need to replace after all; a quick removal and inspection will confirm if that is indeed the issue or not (sorry, I just re-read your post and caught that)...

Hey buddy,

For your modification work, since you want to stay in the EU for customs reasons, I would probably recommend Domi/bricciola for the job :)

As for the 16610 bezel- If it's gone bi-directional, it's probably just a matter of adjusting the click spring. It's possible that it's out of alignment and not engaging in the ratchet teeth, or it may need to be re-bent, or replaced if it is damaged. I don't think you need a new bezel assembly at this point, unless you just want to replace with gen for the aesthetic change and difference in feel.

For the 93250- I believe it does fit, but the SELs might not be as snug as a fit as the WM9 pieces. watcher did this swap on one of his WM9's, I seem to recall; I think he would be a good person to inquire on about this since he has first hand experience.

For the 5513 stuff-

If you are looking for a dial, I might have one that may work for you. It's not perfect, but it's very usable.

The 5513 uses the 1520 inside- This is the non-chronometer movement. Beat rate is 19800bph, so any 2846 or 2783 will be a close match (slightly faster at 21600bph).

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

//ubi

Thanks for your answer Ubi. That is exactly what I was looking for. It is not that i want to stay in the EU but i think it is wiser (you never know). I heard about Domi already so i'll probably contact him soon.

As for you 5513 dial, i'm not sure i'll launch the project right away (for money purpose) but send me the details via PM. It is always good to have a general idea. Is it the dial you posted about earlier this afternoon? Because apart from texture, it is quite well done! :drinks:

I bought it from a private seller! The clasp had been damaged but I fixed it ok. They usually fetch a bit more than that but I'm guessing the damage put them off.I had a couple of 2mm spring bars but bklm1234 may be able to sell you some as wm9 make them for their models.

It can take a while to source a bracelet so be patient!

Thanks for the vote of confidence ubi!!

I bought it from a private seller! The clasp had been damaged but I fixed it ok. They usually fetch a bit more than that but I'm guessing the damage put them off.I had a couple of 2mm spring bars but bklm1234 may be able to sell you some as wm9 make them for their models.

It can take a while to source a bracelet so be patient!

Thanks for the vote of confidence ubi!!

Well if you ever found another one wandering around watcher and you don't know what to do about it, you know where to find me! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

thanks again, i appreciate it

Well if you ever found another one wandering around watcher and you don't know what to do about it, you know where to find me! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

thanks again, i appreciate it

You can check out the market section of the vintage rolex website. They have frequently have bands but for top dollar prices it's hard to find a bargain there.

Vintage Rolex