When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

21J Steelfish Dial Diameter?

szvwj

It's my understanding that Dial diameter is not the same for the various Steelfish. I've recently read that the 21J dials are slightly smaller than the Swiss versions.

Can someone please measure the dial on a 21J Steelfish and tell me what it is (the outside dial diameter)?

For reference, I've been told that the Swiss dials are 30.9mm.

Thanks in advance.

This is the latest info I got. Speaking of which, I will need to modify my sales ad.

The swiss fish dial is measured 31mm in diameter. I was informed that the asian fish's dial is larger.

I thought it was shown a while back (like 2 years ago) that the dial and case construction of both the ASian fish and Swiss Fish were exactly the same.. even up to the unique serial numbers and caseback. Only difference was the mineral crystal vs. sapphire. Obviously there's a couple versions of the steelfish though..

I always thought that the dials of the Swiss and Asian Steelfish were the same diameter, now I'm not so sure. If anyone has a dial from a 21J Steelfish that they could measure, I would appreciate it.

Also, I've heard that there used to be a smaller version of the Steelfish (42mm). Does anyone know if that's still available?

When I was looking to replace my black dial with a white one, I found out there are at least 2 sizes, 31mm and 30.4mm. I'm not exactly sure what a Swiss Fish is, but mine is an Asian one (without AR, and with a stamped "B" instead of etched in the bezel). That one takes a 30.4mm dial.

Here is what it looks like. Take a look at the lower lip, where the dial meets the ring. The dial itself is 31mm, but the ring is 30.4mm

SF%20Dial%20medium.jpg

I always thought that the dials of the Swiss and Asian Steelfish were the same diameter, now I'm not so sure. If anyone has a dial from a 21J Steelfish that they could measure, I would appreciate it.

Also, I've heard that there used to be a smaller version of the Steelfish (42mm). Does anyone know if that's still available?

Silix had them 3 years ago... but not sure if they're still around... I think all are the 44m XL now