When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bargain Bin White Milgauss

jmb

I had told myself, "No more ready-built reps!", then this one looked interesting and I didn't remember seeing a lot of postings with the white dial. So, in my quest for "things different but not really goofy" I figured what the hell! I don't think the dial is very correct as all of the gen pics I've found have all orange colored lume with black markers and this is orange on 3, 6, and 9 like the GV with white on the rest with silver markers. Looking at some of the "approved" rep sites show reps both ways so who knows! If the dial has a remote chance of being somewhat correct then my only major gripe is it having a 6mm crown instead of the 7mm Twin-Lock unless some versions are supposed to have a 6mm. It seems all of the budget priced Milgauss samples I've gotten, even those advertised as "Same case as Swiss version", have had wrong crowns but at least a 6mm doesn't look as out of place as a fat Sub crown!

The sweep on this a21j does not have the stutter that my a21j Milgauss GV has so it's not as painful to watch the sweep hand! I think a minor issue is the sweep hand being a little on the orange side as most pics I've seen seem to make this feature more reddish. The other thing that will annoy some is the rehaut engraving doesn't line up perfectly. I've finally made peace with the fact that the factories will never get this right so I guess I'll have to live with it or do as I have been doing lately and only buying or building older pieces without this "wart".

The band is nice and refreshingly made from STEELINOX instead of STEBLHOX and I think actually correct for this model! The etching is poorly executed, though, and rather shallow.

All-in-all for a Sub $75 watch it's very wearable but I don't think the white dial is really "me" so it'll probably be found in the "want ads" soon. ;-)

WH Mil 1.JPG

WH Mil 2.JPG

WH Mil 3.JPG

WH Mil 4.JPG

WH Mil 5.JPG

WH Mil Clasp 1.JPG

WH Mil Clasp 2.JPG

WH Mil Clasp 3.JPG

Heh, I know, but I got lazy! From now on, though... :nea: I have toyed with the idea of getting one of those nifty PT16XXs.

I would, though, like for someone to give an opinion on the dial since I can find this dial in reps on our authorized dealers' sites. Surely they wouldn't sell us something that was completely incorrect, would they? :shock:

Surprising that the rehaut engraving lines up quite nicely on this one! May not be the best engraving/etching job, but at least it's in the right spot! :D Nice little piece you got there! I wonder if there are any suitable dial swap options for this model?

Red, not sure what kind of swaps would go into a 40mm case. When I ordered it I wasn't sure how I would like the white dial and after receiving is I'm not all that wild about it. I suppose I could always order a black dial and swap it out...

I would, though, like for someone to give an opinion on the dial since I can find this dial in reps on our authorized dealers' sites. Surely they wouldn't sell us something that was completely incorrect, would they? :shock:

As long as someone will buy it, the dealers will produce! Your dial is wrong, it should have black surrounds on the indices and orange lume on all of the them, not just at 3,6,9

Chi, that's the impression I got after looking at a bunch of gen pics but then I saw this particular dial on reps at several of our "authorized dealers" so I had a glimmer of hope that there might be year-to-year variations that would account for little discrepancies like this. Other than the lume color it seemed to be a pretty faithful facsimile.

K - it may be on it's way shortly...

Chi, that's the impression I got after looking at a bunch of gen pics but then I saw this particular dial on reps at several of our "authorized dealers" so I had a glimmer of hope that there might be year-to-year variations that would account for little discrepancies like this. Other than the lume color it seemed to be a pretty faithful facsimile.

K - it may be on it's way shortly...

Oooh...really? Mama's gonna be happy.....you da man J, you da man.

The whole 40mm dressy watch thing really doesn't "light my fire", so to speak. I'm glad Mrs. Justasgood will give the l'il orphan a good home...