When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai 28A - My New Pride and Joys Part II

Watchmeister

Here is part II of my PVD Frankens - 28A:

Once again Ziggy has outdone himself. Huge thanks to the members who have helped me accumulate all the parts over the last 3 years.

Specs - Gen (case, crown, crown guard, dial, hands and crystal (from the new 28L)), original Honpo decorated movement with random datewheel I picked up years ago, and once again vintaged OEM PVD.

The Pics:

_1014112.jpg

_1014086.jpg

_1014104.jpg

_1014103.jpg

_1014118.jpg

_1014088.jpg

And on the strap (although it is inaccurate) I have an original old PAV 90 (or 99?) awaiting this one.

Yeah, even I am amazed. But it also took 3 years of collecting parts. I seem to have good luck with the parts but what really inspired me to finally put these together was Rob's work on the PVD. Having played with a number of gens and bearing in mind that no two are exactly alike I can say that the PVD with his touches is perfect.

How am I going to be able to wear my DSN 028A after seeing this...!!???

You are wearing a watch that looks damn good and I suspect you have a couple grand more than I do still sitting in your pocket. For better or worse this one was more a labor of love than common sense dollars and cents. :lol:

You are wearing a watch that looks damn good and I suspect you have a couple grand more than I do still sitting in your pocket. For better or worse this one was more a labor of love than common sense dollars and cents. :lol:

I bet it was one sweet moment when this arrived and you opened the package. Congratulations my friend!

I bet it was one sweet moment when this arrived and you opened the package. Congratulations my friend!

Well it certainly was a long time coming on my end. When I came upon the crystal from another generous forum member I knew this one had to plow ahead. Ziggy was great about it and immediately put it together for me. You actually started this 28A franken concept with that gen case you picked up back in the day. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well it certainly was a long time coming on my end. When I came upon the crystal from another generous forum member I knew this one had to plow ahead. The Zigmeister was great about it and immediately put it together for me. You actually started this 28A franken concept with that gen case you picked up back in the day. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

And I have you to thank for guiding me in the right direction to get that project going and bring it to completion. Thank you! biggrin.gif

Wow K

Genaliscious!!

I wanna snuggle with your watchbox

Wooow ... don't know what to say, you might as well call this gen w/o caseback and paperwork, it would be much shorter and pretty accurate description.

Beautiful W, please post some pics when you put it on PAV :wub: :wub: