When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I had no idea

GHBG35

I have tried hard not to get involved in the Rolex Rep dept. stashing spare pennies till I can get the "real deal" for fear that my accountant (wife) will not allow such a purchase if I am content with the rep. But when I saw the $29.00 Daytona I pulled the trigger just for kicks. And didn't wear it for months finding excuses to not, oh it's too small, or today will be the day the movement explodes. I finally put away the Pams and Omega's and strapped it on. Wow, from my first stop at the coffee shop I have gotten compliments and looks. EVERYONE knows this watch, and I have to say has more presence than the biggest 44mm pam I own.

Looks like I am a convert, been admiring a few DSSD's, and air kings as well.

post-20291-045769600 1276610670_thumb.jp

Last year, I bought a $30 all-gold Daytona (with pusher-powered subdials and an unstoppable sweep hand) to complete an 'old skool rap' costume for a party. It is a very low-quality rep, but the wrist presence is immense. It got more comments that evening than my beloved DW6263 ever received in the past six months.

You just can't beat a big gold Rolex!

I don't know where the OP got his $29 Daytona from, but I bought mine here in the Philippines, at a shopping center that is famous for selling fake goods. 95% of the reps there are assorted crap, while the few good pieces are terribly overpriced. It's nice to be able to see them up close, though.