When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BR01-94

anics

Hey all

Anyone have any knowledge about the quality of the BR01-94 rep running A7750, sec's @ 3?

Tried the gen on the other day and am thinking about getting the rep, just wondered if anyone had any experience with this model or feedback?

Thanks

A

Be careful on the subdials on the quartz models, some of them are incorrectly marked!

I just tried to change the battery on my quart model and it's almost impossible to change it. I ended up breaking the watch. Does anyone know who has the best and most accurate model of the BR-01 (non quartz) I hear there is one that has the screws in the back like the original.

To change the battery on a 01-94 you need to remove the tiny screw in the back of the watch that says DO NOT REMOVE ... then under that screw is the release button for the watch stem.

With the 4 face screws removed and the stem removed, the entire face of the watch with movement attached should fall easily into your palm.

There is nothing to break .......

Thanks for all the info

Am looking at the BR01-92. 1:1 version. Seems the best way to go.

However I also really like the BR01-93GMT

This is the gen...

post-18710-029465000 1277044388_thumb.jp

Andrew has a version here http://www.trustywatchguy.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_147&products_id=5862

but the DW is white?

Anyone know if there is a better rep of this and or the quality of this rep?

Thanks

A

Thanks for all the info

Am looking at the BR01-92. 1:1 version. Seems the best way to go.

However I also really like the BR01-93GMT

This is the gen...

post-18710-029465000 1277044388_thumb.jp

Andrew has a version here http://www.trustywatchguy.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_147&products_id=5862

but the DW is white?

Anyone know if there is a better rep of this and or the quality of this rep?

Thanks

A

Thanks for the info. I broke mine because I didn't know about the release button. Do you know if Andrew's has the real screws on the back?

The dealers should have pictures showing the screws if they have that model.

It might be worth emailing Mary (WatchInternational) as she can look for it for you :)

Thanks for the reply. You wouldn't know off hand who has the most exact rep for the BR-01 would you?

So, apparently the best version is the BR01-92 SS black face as I mentioned above (apparently it's 1:1)

I tried the gen on today but I still prefer the BR01-94.

The GMT is NOT a decent rep so avoid for now. FYI there is no gen SS model available.

FYI the thickness of the BR01-94 gen 1s 12.5mm. The rep is 15mm. So it's not actually twice as thick, merely 2.5mm thicker, which is achieved (I believe) by a slightly thicker case back, so the actual watch case is the same thickness. I tried the gen on today and it is far thicker than the BR01-92 (which is about about 12mm)...

In comparison both the AP ROO and Daytona reps have thicker case backs than the gens (about the same 2mm difference, due to the 7750 movement) - it's almost unnoticeable, and to be honest the only people that'll spot it is us lot or a AD and I don't usually try to pass a rep off as a gen anyway. I just like collecting watches...

So, if you want 1:1 then the BR01-92

However if you can live with a 2.5mm difference in the case thickness (which you'd have to have the rep and gen side by side to notice in reality) I'd go for the 94 chronograph, personally I think it's a nicer piece. It's heavier and with the secs running at 3 is almost 1:1...

I am using Mary at the moment for my purchases and so far she has come up trumps every time. Will post some pics when the 094 arrives!

A

So, apparently the best version is the BR01-92 SS black face as I mentioned above (apparently it's 1:1)

I tried the gen on today but I still prefer the BR01-94.

The GMT is NOT a decent rep so avoid for now. FYI there is no gen SS model available.

FYI the thickness of the BR01-94 gen 1s 12.5mm. The rep is 15mm. So it's not actually twice as thick, merely 2.5mm thicker, which is achieved (I believe) by a slightly thicker case back, so the actual watch case is the same thickness. I tried the gen on today and it is far thicker than the BR01-92 (which is about about 12mm)...

In comparison both the AP ROO and Daytona reps have thicker case backs than the gens (about the same 2mm difference, due to the 7750 movement) - it's almost unnoticeable, and to be honest the only people that'll spot it is us lot or a AD and I don't usually try to pass a rep off as a gen anyway. I just like collecting watches...

So, if you want 1:1 then the BR01-92

However if you can live with a 2.5mm difference in the case thickness (which you'd have to have the rep and gen side by side to notice in reality) I'd go for the 94 chronograph, personally I think it's a nicer piece. It's heavier and with the secs running at 3 is almost 1:1...

I am using Mary at the moment for my purchases and so far she has come up trumps every time. Will post some pics when the 094 arrives!

A

I haven't been on this site for ages and don't know who Mary is and how to contact her. Can you help?

I believe that the SS replicas are trying to emulate the non-PVD titanium models

Hmmm, maybe? I'd love to see a picture of a GMT 0193 Titanium if you have one. I can't find one anywhere?

I haven't been on this site for ages and don't know who Mary is and how to contact her. Can you help?

watchinternational@gmail.com