When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ready Set Glo

Shasta

I just ordered the green lum spray paint, this will have to be the easiest relum on a sandwich dial possible. Think about it, take the sandwich dial apart and spray. The shipping was expensive but hope it works out.

Very interesting! :bounce: Keep us informed, Chris.

Actually, I'm having troubles in getting an even, smooth surface using powder + medium.

Yes, Shasta, I'm doing that, but I seem not able to get a fine enough grain.

So far I tried with mortar + pestel (marble), and also with a glass bottle rolling on a glass plate. Maybe I just have to grind more, I'll try again. How long did you grind it?

I also ordered a 120 microns sieve from the bay, I hope this will help.

I just got the readysetglow green paint. It does actually glow very well, but it is impossible to paint with. It has the same consistency of snot (sorry, can't think of anything better). It really isn't paint but some type of jell. I tried it on a sandwich dial which has to be the easiest of all dials to relum and ended up starting over. Hopefully the spray paint will work better.

• 2 years later...

ATTEMPTING TO RESTART THREAD

Hi guys.

I was just wondering if any of you have had any good or bad experiences with powder, paint or spray from RSG since this thread was alive?

BTW, I painted my (insane) "Norwegische Kriegsmarine" fantasy project dial with Ready Set Glo paint (backlighting a printed foil sheet). Then, behind that, I used a yellow and brown marker pen for vintage colours. Behind that, Tip-Ex... It really works lume-wise, however for an alleged 1940

post-2870-1238429115_thumb.jpg

post-2870-1238429305_thumb.jpg

post-2870-1238429333_thumb.jpg

post-2870-1238430310_thumb.jpg