When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ready Set Glo

Shasta

I've tried to contact TriTrc via email about their super lume but I never got a response, and at something like $60 a gram... blink.gif

Anyway, heres an alternative I've had success with and cost less than $10 an ounce. The granule size is too large as is for use on dials soi you'll need to crush it in a mortar & pestal to suitable size. This degrades lume properties abit but still damn site better than most OEM lumed dials. Heres a Wo-Mart 177 I used it on.

readysetglo.com

I've tried to contact TriTrc via email about their super lume but I never got a response, and at something like $60 a gram... blink.gif

Anyway, heres an alternative I've had success with and cost less than $10 an ounce. The granule size is too large as is for use on dials soi you'll need to crush it in a mortar & pestal to suitable size. This degrades lume properties abit but still damn site better than most OEM lumed dials. Heres a Wo-Mart 177 I used it on.

readysetglo.com

Woooooha very nice watch....lume is awsome!! :Jumpy:

vaccum

Holy crap, what a lume!!! :Jumpy::clap::notworthy:

And great hint, thanks!!! :bounce:

I too purchased some RSG pigments (green/green, uncolored/green, uncolored/acqua, and uncolored/yellow) some time ago, and I was just waiting to get the nerve (and info) to try them on a test dial.

Please give us some more details -- especially:

- What did you use as a medium?

- Which ratio of pigment vs medium did you use?

- How did you obtain a proper adhesion to the hands and marks? (glue into the medium, or what?)

- Did you relume the hands on their back or front?

- What did you use to apply the lume?

Really thanks! I am eager to try to follow your steps...

Holy crap, what a lume!!! :Jumpy::clap::notworthy:

And great hint, thanks!!! :bounce:

I too purchased some RSG pigments (green/green, uncolored/green, uncolored/acqua, and uncolored/yellow) some time ago, and I was just waiting to get the nerve (and info) to try them on a test dial.

Please give us some more details -- especially:

- What did you use as a medium?

- Which ratio of pigment vs medium did you use?

- How did you obtain a proper adhesion to the hands and marks? (glue into the medium, or what?)

- Did you relume the hands on their back or front?

- What did you use to apply the lume?

Really thanks! I am eager to try to follow your steps...

I have the ofrei bergeon lume that comes with medium. The RSG has much better performance so I only use the medium from the ofrei kit. I've heard that clear fingernail polish will work as well, and near as I can tell that is basicly what the medium is. After mixing, I applied to the markers with a black oiler. I didn't do the hands as they didn't need it.

I haven't had much luck in my few attempts to lume hands. I've tried a few times and just can't get the hang of it yet.

I have the ofrei bergeon lume that comes with medium. The RSG has much better performance so I only use the medium from the ofrei kit. I've heard that clear fingernail polish will work as well, and near as I can tell that is basicly what the medium is. After mixing, I applied to the markers with a black oiler. I didn't do the hands as they didn't need it.

I haven't had much luck in my few attempts to lume hands. I've tried a few times and just can't get the hang of it yet.

Thanks again for your reply. Just some more questions, if you like.

I too have that A*F Switzerland luminous paste that you got from Ofrei. It comes with a glue and with a diluent. As your medium did you use the glue? Did you dilute it with the diluent?

And, as your black oiler, did you use the one that comes with that box?

I am asking this as I am considering to use one of those 'automatic oilers' from Ofrei instead -- those oilers that resemble a pen and have a trigger to release a drop -- in hope to get a better control that way. Do you have any experiences or opinions about them, by chance?

Lastly, did you find it absolutely necessary to crush the pigment powder? It already seems quite fine, like flour or talcum powder... I did not try to mix it with the medium, though, so it could rather come out like fine sand instead.

Thank you, and apologies for bothering you. I am a complete newcomer in the matter, and I've heard it is quite a difficult task, so I would really like to start it the right way and I'm eager on your expertise considering how you have been succesful at it. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Of all the 'mods' that have been discussed in this forum, the only ones I would consider are:

1. Thicker Crown on Panerai

2. AR Coating

3. Super Lume

These are the ones most appealing to me so please continue the discussion on reluming. I know that it is very likely that the first jobs will be poor and may even ruin the dial or hands. But, it still looks doable with the right tools, skill set, steady hands and knowledge. So bring on the knowledge.

I think that when I get back to the US I should be able to find a location for AR coatings and replacing crowns is next on my list to do.

Thanks for a good thread.

Usil

• 1 month later...

Heres ELs 111H after reluming with ready set glo product. I use clear finger nail polish as the binder. Wants to fry really fast so is more difficult to work with than the standard luminova binder. Also filed down the hands to take advantage of the correct spec cannon pinion and hour wheel.

• 1 month later...
How long does this glow for, i see on the website that after glow is upto 2 hours can you confirm that it lasts longer?

?!? :blink:

Quoting from their site:

lasts up to 14 HOURS depending on color: green- 12-14 hrs, Aqua- 10hrs, blue- 8hrs, Violet- 2 hrs, White- 2 hrs, Pink- 2 hrs, yellow- 2 hrs, red and orange 10 minutes

?!? :blink:

Quoting from their site:

lasts up to 14 HOURS depending on color: green- 12-14 hrs, Aqua- 10hrs, blue- 8hrs, Violet- 2 hrs, White- 2 hrs, Pink- 2 hrs, yellow- 2 hrs, red and orange 10 minutes

Ah because i am stupid :Jumpy: i was looking at the daytime neon and not the invisible :cc_detective: thats why.