When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

first attempt at modding my Top Gun's side logo

burnz

happened to drop by an art-n-crafts shop today, so decided to shop for some paint to mod the casing side logo of my Top Gun V1.. had looked at a few gen TGs recently, so i knew the side logo needed to be painted with a darker shade of silver, kinda like a gunmetal color..

took all of 5mins to repaint the logo and let it dry.. what do you guys think?

before (standard rep factory color):

DSC01862.jpg

after modding with new paint:

DSC01866.jpg

DSC01867.jpg

DSC01868.jpg

DSC01869.jpg

in case anyone likes this paint job and wants to take a stab at it, i got plenty of spare paint left.. maybe i can squeeze out a few big blobs into an airtight ziploc and send it to anyone who's interested :thumbsupsmileyanim:

the color is still a little off compared to the gen (see pic below), but it's supposed to have a glossy finish..

i just painted over the entire logo using a fine brush, then used a wet piece of cloth to wipe off the paint off the top surface while leaving the paint in the engraved ridges intact..

here's the gen for comparison, it has a somewhat gold tinge to it instead of being just pure metallic silver.. still not close enough yet, so maybe i still need to hunt for a closer colour to match it...

3253-IWC2.jpg

the color is still a little off compared to the gen (see pic below), but it's supposed to have a glossy finish..

i just painted over the entire logo using a fine brush, then used a wet piece of cloth to wipe off the paint off the top surface while leaving the paint in the engraved ridges intact..

here's the gen for comparison, it has a somewhat gold tinge to it instead of being just pure metallic silver.. still not close enough yet, so maybe i still need to hunt for a closer colour to match it...

Yes you're right, something like bronze or pewter...