When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fixing A Date Wheel

Goochenbrau

On the Rolex watches, the datewheel is simply a thin metal overlay that is glued to the ETA datewheel. You can adjust it by removing it, and recentering it. Take a bit of work and practice, but it's not too terribly difficult...

Yepp,

listen what ubi says :)

Take a razorblade to pop off the overlay...

Than take a pencil and mark it in the middle of any datenumber,its easier to center..

Center with the hole for the stem

Thats it...

RG tribal

On the Rolex watches, the datewheel is simply a thin metal overlay that is glued to the ETA datewheel. You can adjust it by removing it, and recentering it. Take a bit of work and practice, but it's not too terribly difficult...

OK, Im about to attempt this. Will I need to reglue the date wheel? If so, where would I get that?

Indeed- You will need to reglue the datewheel. I myself use a glue that is rather viscous and allows for easy repositioning if required. I forget which kind off the top of my head... I found it while raiding my wife's scrapbooking supplies one day looking for stuff that might help me with my watch stuff :lol:

Oh ok cool. I wasnt sure if I needed special watch glue or something. Thanks guys!