When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Datewheel feel of

Gorilladame

Is it ETA or clone? Makes a difference as the cutouts on the date jumper maintaining plate are not large enough on the clone. This is the plate that is on the left side if you are looking at it with the stem to the right. If it's ETA no need to remove but if it's clone you will need to take it off. Also the minute train bridge on the right side must be removed. Once you get the date wheel in place make sure the date jumper spring (back to the left side) sits in between two teeth of the date wheel. Once in place reinstall the one or two plates you removed and you should be good to go. Have a look HERE - ETA Swiss Labs and follow the reverse order of the first several steps of dis-assembly. I know it's for 2892 but it is very similar.

Bad news that you cant fit an overlay to a 2824 date wheel, only a 2836/46/93 due to the shape, a 2824 date wheel is flat, if you glue the overlay directly to this there is no space for the date wheel retaining tabs to hold the date wheel down.

On a 2836/46/93 date wheel the teeth are set lower or dished than the top surface so that you can fit it and the tabs can hold it down

Is it ETA or clone? Makes a difference as the cutouts on the date jumper maintaining plate are not large enough on the clone. This is the plate that is on the left side if you are looking at it with the stem to the right. If it's ETA no need to remove but if it's clone you will need to take it off. Also the minute train bridge on the right side must be removed. Once you get the date wheel in place make sure the date jumper spring (back to the left side) sits in between two teeth of the date wheel. Once in place reinstall the one or two plates you removed and you should be good to go. Have a look HERE - ETA Swiss Labs and follow the reverse order of the first several steps of dis-assembly. I know it's for 2892 but it is very similar.

Ok thank you, this whole stuff scares me, but I will try...

I use 2834-2 discs to solve the clearance problem. The 2834-2 disc is slightly stepped and measures 0.4mm in thickness including the stepped teeth. This gives just enough clearance above the mainplate and the back or the overlay does not touch. Also, gives you a nice flat surface to glue down the overlay.

they are available from your watch supply house. Usually sold in a two pack. date discs + day disc. You could also use a 2836-2 date disc, but it might be too tall and then you run the risk of having the overlay rub against the back of the dial.

I managed to put the datewheel back on, thank you guys for the help!

But then I realized I have to send the whole thing to domenico anyway to have the minute, houre and secund wheel changed...

But now I made another step to modding by myself.

Also I managed to have the overlay in a nice height by using dialdots.

For datewheel overlay ask fxrandy, maybe he still got some.