When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex re-dials

The only problem that I have with his redials has been the lume on the hour markers- they are too puffy (raised) compared to the lume on genuine dials. He will make any dial you request (I've had him make a 1680, 1665 COMEX and a black 6263).

The only problem that I have with his redials has been the lume on the hour markers- they are too puffy (raised) compared to the lume on genuine dials. He will make any dial you request (I've had him make a 1680, 1665 COMEX and a black 6263).

Who is Michael and how can I contact him? I'm looking for a custom dial.

Michael Young can be found at classicwatchparts.com

He may take a day or so to get back in touch with you, so have patience. It can take up to 6-weeks to get your dial from them.

Joe (RBJ69) also can do your lume and vintagizing...he has also done up a number of my vintage Rolex dials. If you want "raised/puffy" lume or not, he can work with you.

Does he do Panerai dials? I'd like to have a black dial turned brown for a project I'm working on.
...yes and yes.

and yes , lol i just cant take good lume pics and frankly havent tried lately but i will soon , i have been tinkering with coloring lume and other stuff, i will tell u this about the rolex dials i preferr the unpuffy look just because i like the way my genuine 1680 looks it was made in 1972 and shows slight age but well kept and i preferr that to the puffy look , to me the puffy look says redial to me not genuine , its all in the eye of the beholder, just giveing u my opinion, i have a few watches with the old tritium and none of them looked really raised/puffy like i see many people doing to there dials, im not saying there isnt any genuine dials with it but i would say majority r not and majority of the genuine owners prefer the not so raised look , as far as color goes i can do whatever floats your boat basically