When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking to buy a gold dress rep

Raijor

I have been looking to buy an all gold dress watch and I am having real difficulty because I do not want a watch that is too over the top. By too over the top I mean no gold bracelet and no watch that catches everybody's attention as soon as they see me. When ever we go out I accompany my wife and I prefer her to have the attention rather my watch. I have a rose gold IWC St Exupery but do not see it as a dress watch. I want a true gold dress watch.

I have owned a gold BCE chrono and sold it as it was way too flashy and I rarely took it out of the cae.. I also had a rose gold Ferrari and sold it for the same reason. So here is where I am at. I do not like any of the Patek reps but am open to anything else as long is it is a gold strap watch. I am open to any movement type, and any case shape but would prefer a watch 38mm or larger if the case is a round one. Also, either yellow gold or rose gold are fine. That is it for my criteria.

Please offer me some opinions......thanks always. smile.gif

As long as it's not some big bling watch no one will notice it. Keep it small.

I was going to say, I forgot to mention that the Glashutte above is 39mm as gen, not the 43mm of the rep, so if it's 100% accuracy you want you may want a different watch! lol

They're pretty rare though, AIUI, so you should be fine :)

I think MemberX missed another great one in his suggestion, namely the one in his avatar, the IWC Portuguese 1939.

It looks great in gold and is amongst the more affordable gold-reps. Not only not too expensive to buy, but it has a reasonable AR, so with only a new strap you are all st to go.... :)

• 1 year later...

I not in a million years settle actually noticed, tbh, it's even-handed a in the main of me. I conjecture in theory, I believe in choice, but in routine it didn't ass me.

I assuredly HARMONY those dresses, I cause seen them all over the place. If I had the main part (and money) I would definitely reach one. I honey Megan Fox too, she is my height. I hanker I had her torso!

3 slightly less common suggestions from my box:

1 Breguet 5247:

The best Breguet rep I have seen so far. Excellent attention to detail and feels like the real thing:

New_1_002.jpg

New_1_009.jpg

Even the case back, with crisp engravings and hallmarks:

New_1_DSCF3013.jpg

New_1_DSCF3014.jpg

IWC Portuguese Vintage 5445:

This one is a clean and good looking budget rep:

103.jpg

Vacheron Partimony:

139.jpg

Edited by mbjoer