When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I came, I saw, I wasted a few hundred dollars

BlackKnight

It's a shame when I see these threads, it's like some rep watch God has randomly picked a member and just kept hitting the smite button.

If members didn't write of these probs I simply wouldn't know of them, I have over 20 watches (none of which have ever seen a winder) that sit in my watchbox for Months on end and yet I can rock up and give any one of them a shake or a wind and they are ticking away like new.

And yes that also includes the El Cheapo's and the 'second hand came half way around the world' watches.

Ken

I gotta echo Ken here too. I have NEVER had a single problem with any rep I ever purchased, nor any gen. And for the record I don't buy gens exclsively now for any other reason than just wanting the watches I find I truly love (as reps) to be all they can be. Granted, my biggest rep collecting was in what I call "The ETA Hayday" when every good rep either automatically came with an ETA movement or you could get it. Of course now they are either fake ETAs or you can't get them at all. But then that doesn't account for QC problems like hands falling off or whatever which I have never had either. I guess the rep Gods have been good to me. I have never sent one wacth back - ever. I did have a hairline crack in a MOP DJ dial and the dealer sent me another dial for it. My Dada still has it - an ETA Datejust and it runs like a top. Clean and oiled movement out of the box and it has got to be 5+ years old now.

It's like saying "all women are bitches". It's not true... only about 70% of the ones that you meet in the night clubs are. The ones that come easy aren't necessarily the best. You gotta spend some time and effort on finding the good ones.

You forgot to mention the fact, that you can also loose a lot of money during that specific quest.... *LOL*