When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best watch?

Ryan22

Hi there, was browsing through the forum for the past weeks, really amazed by the numbers of good reps. Thinking to make my first purchase but before doing so, will like to consult the seniors here for more advices thanks.

- In the opinion of u guys, i will like to know which watches are the MOST accurate in details etc compare to gen. Maybe a listing of top 3 watches and where to purchase the same exact watches that u guys listed. Dying to own one soon! Thanks

Regards,

Ryan

Hi there, was browsing through the forum for the past weeks, really amazed by the numbers of good reps. Thinking to make my first purchase but before doing so, will like to consult the seniors here for more advices thanks.

- In the opinion of u guys, i will like to know which watches are the MOST accurate in details etc compare to gen. Maybe a listing of top 3 watches and where to purchase the same exact watches that u guys listed. Dying to own one soon! Thanks

Regards,

Ryan

:bangin:

newbie.jpg

First of all, don't worry about accuracy to gen for two reasons. 1) You're not going to get it 'out of the box' without dropping some serious coin in modifying the watch with gen parts, and 2) Out in the real world, no one is even going to notice what you're wearing, so there's no danger of being called out...

Bearing that in mind, I would suggest these three watches:

Omega Planet Ocean (42mm)

Rolex GMT Master II (Black and Red bezel insert)

Rolex DateJust (bracelet/bezel/dial variation of your choice)

IMHO, those're three of the best watches for 'every day' scenarios :victory::drinks:

If you've been reading for a few weeks.. you'd be aware this topic has been covered over many times as well as the dealers to buy em from... Do some focussed searching and reading esp of reviews of watches you're interested in and you will not be disappointed. My choice are SOH V2, UPO, If you can call it out of the box, WM9 V2

Practically every watch of any consequence has been reviewed by "senior" members. By-Tor has some of the most comprehensive reviews, along with great photos for illustration. He is not alone, quite a few members have equally comprehensive reviews as well.Read,Read,Read.

First, it's impossible to answer your question with the given information. We have absolutely no idea what your taste in watches are, so that makes what one tells you here of little value to you.If you don't like Rolex, or Panerai, or Sinn, then those watches no matter how good are not going to be right for you. Personally, you couldn't run fast enough to put a Bell & Ross "brick" on my wrist, so if those watches were the "best" I would take one look and say, " not for me sorry".

Another factor is budget. The "best" watch for less than 200.00 USD may not still be in the running if you raise the price level to say "Best" watch for less than 500.00 USD. So if I told you the absolute best watches available were the 16610 Submariner , the Yachtmaster, or the Two tone Submariner from WM9/BK, but they will cost you over 500.00 USD each, and the wait time may be months, if your budget is 300.00 USD max, then my suggestions are irrelevant.

So you see the question you have posed is and impossible one. you are going to have to do your research and come to your own conclusions. Now, when you narrow it down to a particular model, you might ask who sells the most accurate model of this particular watch, which is a relevant question, or who has the best after market support should your watch be delivered DOA.I believe that most members would be more than happy to help with those questions, but then again, if you narrow it down to a few watches that appeal to you, read the reviews on those particular models, I would expect that almost all of your questions will be answered. As and added bonus, you will be much more knowledgeable about the watches that you are interested in.

Good Luck

umm one of these lol. (SOSF featuring lume and service from VAC and gen rubber from Breitling. Probably harder to come across one of these but they are out there I bought mine a while ago from a member who had put the genuine strap on it amd I just had it serviced and lumed. If you can locate a SeaWolf that would be a good choice also.) If you want one of these look in the member sales section I think the dealers are out of these.

4776792855_5389ba671b_z.jpg

Or maybe one of these. (on a budget? Milgauss nothing done to it, early version. these are super cheap and fairly easy to get and I think the new ones come with the blue lume which mine is missing) Umm contact a trusted dealer from the board and you are golden any should be able to get one and it will be at a reasonable price.

4278821717_b776a2ec0c_z.jpg

Any of the ferrari models. (like the look of a PAM but don't like all of the silly issues like crown guards, teeth on the crown, funky dial print lol. these are fairly accurate to gen and you can get hooked on straps like the rest of the PAM folks.) Again any dealer should be able to get you one of these... Also the member sales section you will save some money and less headache waiting for it to arrive from the dealer if you buy one from a member in the same country.

4357901200_531884c2cf_z.jpg

It really depends on your taste in watches and of course as mentioned by people earlier the budget you are working with. I really want a nice white faced dress watch next I am thinking about the IWC but to get one done right it would probably run a grand or more I really like that IWC seven days posted by BURNZ here