When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Ref. 6542

donerix

The Yuki case will certainly take a 2824 or 2836 with the adaptor, I'm not sure whether it will also take the 2893. I know JoeyB fitted a 2893 after fitting a 2836 in his 6542 but had some trouble adapting it. I'm wondering if it would need a different adaptor to line up the stem.

I would guess the Yuki 6542 case will be more than a lot of the others as it comes with the bezel and bakelite insert but hey, what cost an email to find out! They're quick to respond. It will without doubt be less than NDT.

They told me it was USD 750 for the case set (about 3 months ago).

mg

But how about the dial. Yuki's supposedly only work with gen Rolex 1036 or 1065???

No problem, just cut off the feet and glue it to the adaptor. This is standard for using gen dials with ETA movements, done it twice without any problem so far. Incidentally I've been having an email conversation with Yuki over another issue this afternoon, so I've asked the price of the 6542 case. I probably won't get an answer till tomorrow as it's nearly 1:00am in Hong Kong, but I'll PM you the details when available.

The Yuki case will certainly take a 2824 or 2836 with the adaptor, I'm not sure whether it will also take the 2893. I know JoeyB fitted a 2893 after fitting a 2836 in his 6542 but had some trouble adapting it. I'm wondering if it would need a different adaptor to line up the stem.

I would guess the Yuki 6542 case will be more than a lot of the others as it comes with the bezel and bakelite insert but hey, what cost an email to find out! They're quick to respond. It will without doubt be less than NDT.

The ROLS166 I used from Silix came with a 2836-2. My plan was to use the modified Swiss ETA 2836-2 GMT, which obviously fit.

The ROLS166 I used from Silix came with a 2836-2. My plan was to use the modified Swiss ETA 2836-2 GMT, which obviously fit. Then I came onto the ETA 2893-2. That movement actually fit easier and better, the stem lined up perfectly. My 'trouble was in using the Singer dial, but a centering ring solved that. But, the Singer dial is thicker than the ETA dial so I may have accidentally lucked out.

Apologies for some reason I had it in my mind that the 2893-2 was a problem to fit, maybe I'm thinking of another (non 6542) build. I guess you're probably right about the difference in thickness being the reason for the 2893-2 fitting better with the Singer dial as it is a 4.1mm thick movement against the 2836-2's 5.2mm.

It's interesting that the rep factories have the correct case and bezel for the 6542, the case actually stamped 6542, but are using it for the 6536/8. I feel sure a rep 6542 must be in the works :D

Apologies for some reason I had it in my mind that the 2893-2 was a problem to fit, maybe I'm thinking of another (non 6542) build. I guess you're probably right about the difference in thickness being the reason for the 2893-2 fitting better with the Singer dial as it is a 4.1mm thick movement against the 2836-2's