When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seeking Experts Advice

blackbard

Been communicating with a seller about a Pam 000. He's had it bead blasted. First, it does not seem that the 000 get much love and second, it would seem that the bead blasting would lower the value. What are your thoughts? I am currently Pam-less and need to buy another before the money burns a hole in my pocket and dissappears....

Your thoughts please.

Thanks in advance.

Not an expert, but depending on the price (and I'd use the fact it was b/blasted as a bargaining chip here, if I were you) I'd get it and send it too to Avitt or Zigg-y for DLC/PVD treatment.

The PVD Base Logo is slowly establishing itself amongst the gen collectors as a classic hand-wind Panerai piece. IMO you can't go wrong with that decision.

cheers,

b

Not an expert, but depending on the price (and I'd use the fact it was b/blasted as a bargaining chip here, if I were you) I'd get it and send it too to Avitt or Zigg-y for DLC/PVD treatment.

The PVD Base Logo is slowly establishing itself amongst the gen collectors as a classic hand-wind Panerai piece. IMO you can't go wrong with that decision.

cheers,

b

Thanks. :drinks: Never thought of the PVD option. How old is PVD in the pam world? Seems to be a hot ticket in the last couple years...

Been communicating with a seller about a Pam 000. He's had it bead blasted. First, it does not seem that the 000 get much love and second, it would seem that the bead blasting would lower the value.

You have it exactly right. Irrespective of what you do with it you are talking about the lowest value PAM other than basic radiomirs and the bead blasting lowers the price.

You have it exactly right. Irrespective of what you do with it you are talking about the lowest value PAM other than basic radiomirs and the bead blasting lowers the price.

Would not pay more then $2300 for it (needs a crystal as well) considering u could get a full set for low 3K

I beleieve it was bead blasted to remove PVD finish he had on it

Nutz

The main problem for me would be that Panerai refuses to service customized watches afaik. So you need a watchsmith you can really rely on and that gives a warranty on his work. In addition i personaly don´t like the look of beadblasting and the look of the PVD will differ from the original because of the different surface.

So for me personaly this would be a no go except the price was unbelievably good.

Edited by drolson

Really comes down to price mate, I would look for lower than previously mentioned.

The options are then limitless, Repolish, PVD, DLC, Part out for a franken or several!! etc etc

It really does come down to getting the right price.

I know when I put my base on, I really wonder why I dont wear it every day!!! Its a very under rated PAM IMHO must go need to put that damn thing on my wrist ;) ;) :thumbsupsmileyanim: Withdrawal kicking in!!!

Whoever's thinking this will sell for less than 2.5k because it was bead-blasted must be dreaming. B)

I haven't seen this particular watch for sale, but if the rest of the bits are still in gen form and unless the seller is desperate to offload it, IMO this should sell closer to 3k than 2k as suggested by some. Would you mind sharing the sale ad link with us, BB?

Anyway, let's wait and see... :)

I appreciate the inputs. Very valuable insights. For me, I want a watch that not only has some "original" feel, but as most of us, I will get bored eventually, and trying to sell it will be difficult... It was the best price I had seen though....

Thanks again!

I'll find the ad. Crystal was pretty damaged and seller estimated 2-4 hundred to be fixed by OEM. However, as some have speculated, they may not touch a modified watch.....

I'll see if I can dig up the ad again.

If they do touch it, they may restor it back to the factory spec condition. I know Breitling and Rolex work this way. Of course they will charge you for their refinishing time as well. :thumbdown: