When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Josh Perfect Lv Sub - Pics And Review

carphone

Hi All,

please take a look at my pics here:

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/4016876

When this first arrived i sent this back to josh as the etched coronet was off to the right and the diver extension would not deploy. I have now recieved this back and the coronet is better but still off. Also no matter what i do the diver extension still does not work (removed clasp but no joy) I do have another sub rep with a working diver extension - so i know how they work.

Overall I am happy with the watch but if i am going to be critical I am unhappy with some aspects:

The pearl is poor (completely flat) - if anyone knows where i can get a good insert let me know.

The etched coronet at the 6 position (centred or not) is just to visible

The date mag is too far over to the right

The crown guards although nice have definitely been over worked

The polished strap is not really a great improvement

The watch has gained about 8 secs in the last 48 hrs (i think this is ok).

For me to be completely happy with this watch i would need the crystal replacing and a new bezel insert.

Looking at some of the pics of Eddie Lee and Precious Time's latest subs they seem much better as a base model and dont have the problems mentioned above. (although some crown guard work would be needed). If josh started with this as his base model then that would be great.

Think I will buy an Omega Orange planet Ocean next :-)

Many Thanks

Dan

Also no matter what i do the diver extension still does not work (removed clasp but no joy) I do have another sub rep with a working diver extension - so i know how they work.

I got one from him a well--the "perfect" sub model. It does work--but only after it's adjusted by the end-user. Most of my experience is when the new ones come from the factory, they put the scuba extension in so it's folded up & protected under the clasp--it will not deploy like this, no matter how hard you try. You have to completely undo that end of the bracelet from the clasp, open the extension, and re-attach it so it folds up & closes correctly. I don't know why they can't do this before it's mailed out to the consumer. On the bright side, it only takes 2 or 3 minutes.

While I would like to say no rep will be perfect, when one is marketed as such, I suppose the consumer has the right to expect it.

If you are willing to do mods, I would recommend searching the photo gallery for MBW. The modern MBWs have a small laser etched coronet with a nice surprise inside.

Good luck!

Must say I am a bit suppriesed by this based on recent posters regarding Joshua's "Perfect" sub such as gioarmani's:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=11854

The "perfect" description does carry a bit of expectation with it. I had a recent email swap with Joshua wherin he told me the etched crown issue has been corrected on all future models. Maybe this was after your order...I sure hoe so because I am considering purchasing one from him myself...

DW

Hi All,

please take a look at my pics here:

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/4016876

When this first arrived i sent this back to josh as the etched coronet was off to the right and the diver extension would not deploy. I have now recieved this back and the coronet is better but still off. Also no matter what i do the diver extension still does not work (removed clasp but no joy) I do have another sub rep with a working diver extension - so i know how they work.

Overall I am happy with the watch but if i am going to be critical I am unhappy with some aspects:

The pearl is poor (completely flat) - if anyone knows where i can get a good insert let me know.

The etched coronet at the 6 position (centred or not) is just to visible

The date mag is too far over to the right

The crown guards although nice have definitely been over worked

The polished strap is not really a great improvement

The watch has gained about 8 secs in the last 48 hrs (i think this is ok).

For me to be completely happy with this watch i would need the crystal replacing and a new bezel insert.

Looking at some of the pics of Eddie Lee and Precious Time's latest subs they seem much better as a base model and dont have the problems mentioned above. (although some crown guard work would be needed). If josh started with this as his base model then that would be great.

Think I will buy an Omega Orange planet Ocean next :-)

Many Thanks

Dan

Must say I am a bit suppriesed by this based on recent posters regarding Joshua's "Perfect" sub such as gioarmani's:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=11854

The "perfect" description does carry a bit of expectation with it. I had a recent email swap with Joshua wherin he told me the etched crown issue has been corrected on all future models. Maybe this was after your order...I sure hoe so because I am considering purchasing one from him myself...

DW

It's the same old thing reinvented... 3 years ago it was the Grade A sub. Which became the Grade A+++++++++ sub eventually. Now it's the "perfect" sub.

Call it what you want, it's still a rep. And it's not perfect.

It's the same old thing reinvented... 3 years ago it was the Grade A sub. Which became the Grade A+++++++++ sub eventually. Now it's the "perfect" sub.

Call it what you want, it's still a rep. And it's not perfect.

Although I agree with your statement about reps, with the increasing level of reps available, buyers are expecting more, and there are better out there. I think at times it hit and miss as I have seen very possitive posts about the same reps discussed in this topic.

The typical thought that "A rep is a rep" is becoming a thing of the past IMO.

DW

The typical thought that "A rep is a rep" is becoming a thing of the past IMO.

DW

I don't know. Has the quality control of reps really gone up? I would say not. Sure over the course of several years rep mfgs are ironing out some of the aethetic details and making improvements. And dealers are going the extra mile to try providing not just watches but parts for modders as well as "perfect" watches that they've somehow modified the appearance of, such as the sub CGs. But I think as we see from these pics that the mods they make are not always desireable. So, yes, a rep is a rep. Perhaps even more so today.

Before ordering this watch, i did some reading on this forum and others. It actually took a little over 4 weeks to arrive. This gave me plenty of time to continue learning about replica subs.

It appears people dont like to be critical about the watches they recieve. I have read numerous reviews of people that are happy with their "perfect" Lv from Josh. Not one of them mentioned any of the faults i listed above. Maybe they dont know any better or more likely, maybe they dont want to admit they paid too much for a rep.

Also as this watch is from a dealer with a reputation 2nd to none. People may be afraid to say a bad word about a watch that is supplied by Josh.

I have had amazingly quick replies from josh and i even sent my watch back when it first arrived as the etched coronet was off and the diver extension did not work. Strange though when i recieved the watch back for the 2nd time I did email Josh to let him know that the extension is still faulty. His usual quick repsonses has now stopped and i am yet to hear back from him. (there may of course be a genuine reason for this)

I do like my watch and i wear it with pride but i think "perfect" sadly it is not.

Thanks

Dan

Before ordering this watch, i did some reading on this forum and others. It actually took a little over 4 weeks to arrive. This gave me plenty of time to continue learning about replica subs.

It appears people dont like to be critical about the watches they recieve. I have read numerous reviews of people that are happy with their "perfect" Lv from Josh. Not one of them mentioned any of the faults i listed above. Maybe they dont know any better or more likely, maybe they dont want to admit they paid too much for a rep.

Also as this watch is from a dealer with a reputation 2nd to none. People may be afraid to say a bad word about a watch that is supplied by Josh.

I have had amazingly quick replies from josh and i even sent my watch back when it first arrived as the etched coronet was off and the diver extension did not work. Strange though when i recieved the watch back for the 2nd time I did email Josh to let him know that the extension is still faulty. His usual quick repsonses has now stopped and i am yet to hear back from him. (there may of course be a genuine reason for this)

I do like my watch and i wear it with pride but i think "perfect" sadly it is not.

Thanks

Dan

If you look at the pictures of the "perfect" sub from Joshua, you won't, IMO, find indications of some of the problems you indicated above either. The issue I believe is getting the watch that is reflected in the pictures. No dealer is going to purposely post pictures of watches with some of the obvious flaws you mentioned above.

Just becasuse the pictures look good does not automatically mean the watch you will receive will be the same?

If you look at the pictures of the "perfect" sub from Joshua, you won't, IMO, find indications of some of the problems you indicated above either. The issue I believe is getting the watch that is reflected in the pictures. No dealer is going to purposely post pictures of watches with some of the obvious flaws you mentioned above.

Just becasuse the pictures look good does not automatically mean the watch you will receive will be the same?

The pictures on his site are actually accurate but as you mention the angles help hide some of the floors. I have no doubt josh is a great trader. Of course I had the "Order a rep and take your chances" attitude. So i take my dissapointment on the chin.

Hopefully others that are considering ordering this same watch will find this thread and will have a bit more insight into what they will recieve.

As an alternative Eddie's watch here looks great:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=8193

I should have done more research is the moral :-)

Thanks

Dan

Ps

I forgot to mention the bezel is also quite loose :-)