When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UPO logo simple mod

gtanak

Read up on a couple of threads on UPO happy feet etc... guessed it got the better of me cos i kept seeing the feet! Haha. So here's what i did with a dial that already had a crooked happy feet.

1) Scrape off glue from back of dial and push out the 2 feets with something very thin and sharp - i used the tip of a craft knife.

2) With a tweezers, pick out the logo, it should come out without resistance.

See the cute little feet on side of dial

UPOnologo.jpg

3) With the same craft knife, i shaved off the feet on both ends

UPOcloseup.jpg

4)Position onto the hole and use a pegwood to softly push it firmly into the dial so that there is no spacing between the logo and dial

UPOlogo.jpg

5) And of course, a relume just for that Shazam

UPOlumed.jpg

Shot of lume 10s UV

UPOlumenight.jpg

Enjoy!

cool mod but aren't the feet thicker on the flat foot one than on the rep one? I guess it doesn't matter a whole lot since you made it flat anyway. I was thinking one could maybe bum a dial off a trusted dealer for one of those fugly new omega ploprofs and swap the flat feet from it. kinda stupid that they came out with that watch instead of working on what everyone wants to buy.

luckily i have a spare dial as well maybe i can rob its logo and try it out and see how that goes.

I just looked at the dials and it kinda slants and has that happy feet. oh well it doesn't bother me any more at all. I held a 45mm gen the other day and could barely notice the flat feet. all I need is a bezel and I am set. bezel pearl is not bothering me much any more as well so... i dunno :) I bet if I wanted to sell the bezel on the rep I wouldn't get much back for it.

Edited by amptor

• 2 weeks later...