When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GWSD Caseback Picture

omgiv

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a good picture of a GW 1665 caseback. I have been trying to find more information about them but have not seen much on GW. A lot of the information seems to focus om the DRSD variant. Are there any variations on these models? Thanks in advance!!!!

Thanks for the pic Freddy. Do you know if the Rolex was ever in a different font. I have seen some with a different looking E and also with what I would call a stick font.

The link you posted JoJo goes to a bracelet and not a 1665. I did do a google search but I have become wary from trusting pictures I see on the net. That is why I asked if anyone here had any. I am still a noob and didn't know if the variations in those pictures were genuine or fake. Thanks though.

My mistake, I accidently copied the wrong link. Here's the one I meant to post:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1980-ROLEX-SEA-DWELLER-1665-S-6151xxx-1-Owner-/150466540004?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Wristwatches&hash=item23088131e4

I've seen two different types of white dial 1665 casebacks. The earlier one is similar to the caseback in the link above, and the later style appears to have thinner font stampings (I'm not sure if the later one might be a service replacement part). I agree that some of the pictures found on the net can be suspect; however, if you see a picture of a watch from a well known and trusted dealer and the watch looks 100% in every other regard, most likely the caseback will be correct.

PS:

Here is one from a dealer that shows one style:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1980-VINTAGE-ROLEX-SEA-DWELLER-DATE-STEEL-1665-BOX-/230499194162?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Wristwatches&hash=item35aad29532

..and here's another one from the same dealer that shows the second style (a service caseback?):

http://cgi.ebay.com/1983-MENS-ROLEX-SEA-DWELLER-DATE-RARE-1665-PLASTIC-/230499893176?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Wristwatches&hash=item35aadd3fb8

Thanks for the links JoJo. I noticed that the E in Rolex is slightly different in the picture Freddy posted and the 2nd link that JoJo posted. Do you think it is an actual different font or differences in age (polishing)? I am asking to find out which of the two is more accurate (JAW or NDT). Thanks in advance!!!!