When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2010 Submariner 116610LN Ceramic rep

watcher

Today I received this watch after 9 days of customs trauma. Some of you may have read in the other Sub 2010 post that this package was stopped by UK customs(the 1st time ever for me!) and I was asked to declare the contents and provide an invoice. I sent an invoice with a description saying stainless steel watch bracelet valued at

Pretty nice, except it looks like you are owed a new hour hand. Also, a bit disapointed in the lower endlink fit.. I think this is the same as the GMT IIC case and the bracelet fir on the better versions of that was perfect.

I'm wondering when and if the rep factories are going to get around to accurately reproducing the ceramic sub since it is no longer a fantasy model. To make it accurate, they have to make the lugs 0.6 mm wider each (visually quite noticeable vs. the gmt-c case)and make the lume dots larger. Those would be the good improvements for accuracy sake. The not-so-good changes for accuracy sake would require thinner bracelet links (for the permannt links),a thinner case, and a narrower hour hand (on the gen, only the minute hand is "maxi"). Again, the rep is superior to the gen in that the bracelet is thicker, the hour hand is thicker and the case is thicker, but I do really wish they could at least get lume dots to look like gen and fatten up the lugs (I know many people don't like the supercase, but the sub is visually distinguishable from the GMT-IIc case in terms of lug thickness). I have a feeling (wonder why) that it will take years to get an accurate sub-c reproduction.

BTW, nice sub, I have a few of them myself. Didn't mean to take away from it. They are fantastic in their own rites, but felt the need to put it out there that the gen is here and it is different.