When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Navitimer

Pugwash

I just can't warm up to these Breitling models...not sure why, maybe it's the bezel that makes it too busy looking for me...

The busy bezel is one of the defining personality traits of the Navitimer. If you don't like it, a Navitimer isn't for you. :D

I like the slide-rule bezel, I just wish it was useable on this rep.

The busy bezel is one of the defining personality traits of the Navitimer. If you don't like it, a Navitimer isn't for you. :D

Agreed, it's the one distinguishing feature. I have never worn one, simply worked on many of them, maybe if I put one on for a while, it would grown on me...

I guess after handling virtually every model, and working on them, they tend to loose their allure...it's been months since I have felt the urge for a new watch...

What is wrong with me?

RG

All rep movements can show some problems anytime, 50/50 chance but for the 7750 is a 95/5

(95% you will have problems) we all know that cleaning, oiling and adjusting the 7750 movement will solve many of its problems, but I have a feeling that the 7750 will not hold even after service..just my opinion. <_<

I do the mods and servicing on my watches and movements...the swiss 6497, C6497-2, 2836-2 are exellent movements with very few problems after service is performed.

vaccum

I do the mods and servicing on my watches and movements...the swiss 6497, C6497-2, 2836-2 are exellent movements with very few problems after service is performed.

Maybe you're just servicing the 7750s wrong :blink:

I now have a gen 7753 and three asian 7750s, one of which is pictured above. One 7750 has been serviced, so we'll see how they last. :D

I have serviced more 7750's than I care to think about, and can only recall one instance where the watch was returned to me due to a problem. I would say failures after service are less than 1%: dozens of watches, one failure, about 20 months of use, so the odds are quite good I think.

Long term I can't say, but my serviced 7750 (old variant) has been working great for 20 months now...

Certainly the new Asian 7750 (as in the IWC that pug has) is a great product, fit and finish etc...no reason it should not last as long as an ETA...

RG

I agree with you Pug. I have several Breits, and only wish they make the calibration bezel and dial digits line up correctly. Well there's always the pocket calculator, plus the digits are easier to see, and you don't have to do any interperlation. IMHO

JKTOWN

My TTK version slide-rule lines up perfectly! I use it all the time so thats important to me.

BTW, in case you didn't hear, Pugs Navi stopped dead and is now en route back to Ruby.

123242-21073.jpg

My TTK version slide-rule lines up perfectly! I use it all the time so thats important to me.

BTW, in case you didn't hear, Pugs Navi stopped dead and is now en route back to Ruby.

123292-20990.jpg

[/quo

That's great !! Do you have any pictures of front view with the10 digits lined up.

I have a TTK version and the digits are close BUT not exact line up. It usually seems that the higher digits run out of alignment.

Breitling are well known for the their terrific AR glass.

How good is it on replica ?

And the main flaw witch bother me in this rep - sorry but I really like this rep - it's the gap between the date and the dial.

AR: None, but it's not a problem on the white face.

Recessed date? That's normal on the Asian 7750/3. You want to get around it, you need an ETA 7753.

I love my Breits but as I started buying PAMs the Nav seems to be a little small. Still wear it though. Funny thing about mine is the bottom subdial always runs even when all is set not too. Another thing, I have gotten more crud off of teh bracelet with the polishing cloth than any other watch. It always snaps back shining. I guess the grade SS is not up to par.

I think I need to go to a larger Breit but then, how do I do that and still get all the IWCs I want.

Usil

Edited by Usil