When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

anybody could tell me if it should be repairable, please ?

brandwatch

Hi,

I've had a top quality Rolex replica ( hack signal, sapphire crystal etc) for 9 years. Recently the crown must have become unscrewed and in pulling some loose change from my pocket, the crown and stem got pulled free from the watch. I've taken it to a watch repairer who said he couldn't help as "no parts available". I'm wondering if he just didn't want to work on a rep. I know very little about watches and wondered if anybody could tell me if it should be repairable, please ?

Should be fairly easy to repair... If there's any damage to the movement or stem, then they might need replacing, if the crown came unscrewed, it could be a sign that the threads in the crown and tube have worn, so it might be necessary to replace the crown and tube. Best of luck :good:

What movement does the watch have? If its an ETA then yes there are parts available... If its a cheap asian/Japanese movement from 10 yrs ago then no there are probably no parts available. Post up some pics or give us some more info and we will help you out. You can always just buy a whole replacement movement and have in installed, then you know the watch is good for another 10 years :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Or you can replace the whole watch with one of the newer ones made now. Theres some HIGH quality stuff coming out for only a couple hundred bucks these days! The new vintage ETA sport rolex reps from Puretime and the new vintage exp II from the cartel. Or maybe a new ceramic 2010 submariner from the noobfactory. Lots of choices!!

dizz