When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where might i find better copies in Shenzhen?

raptor

Skin dipping... in watches... oh my...

Wait until you get to the pool of Datejusts and cut yourself against all the sharp case edges!

raptor: There are supposed to be reps available in the very first mall you encounter after crossing the border. It's Lo Wu (or Luohu), just like the station. But whether you go to Shenzhen or to Guangzhou, I recommend contacting a dealer beforehand. Do not expect to see a wall covered with all the reps you want to buy. 99.7% of the watches you see will be crap, and making prior arrangements is the best way of making sure you don't go empty-handed.

Friday to Monday should give you plenty of time to wander, though, and GZ isn't that far away. The high-speed train will get you there PDQ.

Cool guys.

It sounds really interesting. I do know the chances are really small that i'll find anything. Ive been reading this forum a bit so i'm not completely off:).

How long train ride is guangzhou from Luohu (because i'll be staying there). And if i'm not mistaking, the watch market city is very close to the guangzhou train station (how long walk?)

And how can i contact a dealer since i'm so short on time? And also i really dont know which dealer is located where...

If i could get a phone nr, i could call them from shenzhen.

Thanks!

Take my advice with a grain of salt, since my trip in January was from Hong Kong to Guangzhou. I've never been to Shenzhen.

But from what I've read, the Shenzhen-Guangzhou express takes an hour, compared to the two hours for a train ride out of Hong Kong. I hate to guess about travel restrictions within China, but you should be OK for both cities.

• 1 month later...

Avoid the multi-story market in Lohwu. You will spend hours there and see nothing but overpriced rubbish. There is an "International watch market" in SZ, but I haven't been there so cannot comment.

GZ is where you need to be. The watch market there is huge - it covers several city blocks. Finding the good stuff will take you a while.