When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So what are my options?

wraithride

A few months ago, I let a close friend of mine borrow my Hublot Big Bang to wear for a little while. He's always admired the watch, and thought I'd do something nice for him. When I got the watch back, I noticed it sounded a little funny when I moved the watch. The normal whurring sound of the rotor spinning and the watch winding was gone, and it was more of a *clank* sound coming from the movement. I looked at the movement through the case back, and the rotor doesn't want to spin at all. When you do get it to move, and sounds terrible, like something is loose or broken inside.

At this point i'm guessing my options are to A. get a new big bang and call this one a wash. B. see about getting this one serviced and see if it can be repaired. C. replace the movement using another asian 7750.

Any suggestions on what may be wrong, or if I should even try to fix it?

thanks!

WR

+1

There is a very tiny screw that keeps the rotor in place. That loose screw might cause the noise.

Open the caseback, turn the watch over and see what drops from there. I wouldn't wear the watch now... the screw might get somewhere into the movement and cause more serious damage.

Re-attaching the rotor is a piece of cake. You don't need a watchsmith for that... you only need a tiny screwdriver and steady fingers. Even I can do that with my clumsy big hands.