When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some more 201a pics with a little lug reshaping and new hands...

projectologist

I first posted this project back in March, then sold the watch and now it's back (not that unusual in our tight community :)). In the meantime I had acquired FGD's awesome Pre-V hands, so when I got the 201a back, they immediately got installed. Next was a little reshape around the lug tips and just a little above them. Still to be decided is removing the AR and drilling out the lugs for the correct dbl. screw system.

201proj04.jpg

201proj02.jpg

201proj01.jpg

201proj03.jpg

201proj06.jpg

A couple of quick snaps that show the new hands a little better (kudos to FGD for making such well-spec'd hands, the install was effortless :thumbsupsmileyanim:)

201a10.jpg

201a11.jpg

Simply stunning R, your pieces are top 1% in my book and always a treat to see !!

Hope this one brings lots of pleasure !!

Cheers

S

Hats off to you my friend... this watch would not have been possible without your hands and dial, period!!!

You've made A LOT of Panerai project owners very happy with your efforts!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

On behalf of our Community... I thank you!

WOW!

Very nice baby my friend!

I love the 201-A and that`s the next model i will!

Can you please me inform wo can i ordered a Pre-V buckle?

Is this a gen or aftermarket?

Thanks and many greetings!

Thanks!

The strap with the sewn-in buckle is a NOS Kodiak Dirk. Do a search for a "2nd generation Dirk" FS... they turn up fairly often , especially in Europe.

Looking very good. Wear it well. Have you noticed every watch you ever own comes back to you at least twice. :lol:

All too true... the 1680 Single Red just came back a second time, went out again... so in 2 or 3 months I may go for my first 3-timer :thumbsupsmileyanim: