When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

OEM Clasp for Ploprof (Tons Of Pics)

eunomians

I picked up my OEM Omega Ploprof clasp today from my local AD.

I have already added a NOS 70s Omega mesh bracelet to my Ploprof, but the rep buckle does not work with the mesh. This issue has been discussed before, so suffice to say, the rep clasp's micro-adjuster pops loose when the clasp is closed. In other words, the rep clasp is garbage! It is poorly made and poorly replicated. In fact, it is not really copied, it's just a sort of approximation as to what the OEM clasp is. The NOS 70s Omega mesh bracelet has the super well-made airplane seatbelt buckle. It works great but it is very thin relative to the new style clasp. So today I swapped out the airplane seatbelt buckle for the contemporary monster clasp...

The OEM mesh bracelet must have a couple of rows of mesh links removed in order to be short enough to work with the OEM clasp. My wrist is 6.85" and I cut 1 row of links off of one side of the bracelet, and the other side I cut off 2 rows. For me, this gave the perfect fit. I can adjust the micro-adjuster on the clasp to make the bracelet looser or tighter in a flash. Very convenient!

Enjoy the pics. Hopefully they'll give you a good idea as to how the OEM clasp works and how well-suited it is to the watch!

Cheers

1970s OEM 'Airplane Seatbelt' Buckle:

l1010919.jpg

Contemporary OEM clasp:

img8191.jpg

img8170s.jpg

img8178.jpg

img8174s.jpg

img8180v.jpg

img8181.jpg

img8185s.jpg

img8188l.jpg

img8171k.jpg

img8173j.jpg

@Eunomians - how much did you pay for the OEM Clasp ? - i can see that Ofrei have it at 272$ but is it OEM i dont know.

@mastrmindalliance - the rubber straps costs 182$ either black or orange...

really could use the OEM clasp as the rep one is just a joke, keeps loosens up because the micro adjustment is just to bad made.

ofrei offer on strap and clasp