When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lookie what I got in today

unregistered

Thanks guys, its a lovely piece.

Just curious what to you makes you think the dial isn't gen :)

The dial on the second picture looks textured or mat. The gen dial is semi-mat. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

On the last picture the CDG decoration is not the same as the OEM movement.

Of course the watch is super nice thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

P1010665tc.jpg

Edited by mene_menelaou

hahaha, yup, its my old LH that went off to taka for double AR coating on the crystal (I actually just got him to swap in one of his already ARed crystals). This piece has also gone on to Goin for a movement service so it is butter smooth, and I mean literally, no ticking sound, no kick back on the crown, just amazing. Outdoors, the AR is near colorless, so whoever is looking for good AR at a decent price without a long wait, just hit up Taka.

Yup, the main tells are on the movement under the swanneck regulator its coarser the engraving, well all over too, but at least in the pic. Plus the cogs. Dial side, yup the pin needs to be pushed in a bit more (any suggestions? I've tried a couple of times and I don't want to mar the mirror finish) and obviously the dial's "O" and "P/A" are the main tells. Other than that, bit tough to spot now that the biggest issue, the AR has been resolved.

I also got in yesterday the rep box, pretty damn good quality as compared to gen, along with a nice DSN black calf MX strap, so I thought I'd have some fun with my brothers here and see who were the more eagle eyed ones I've seen/handled a number of rep boxes and this is by far the best one I've dealt with. Before anyone asks, I got it off Panaraman so I don't know the source. Main flaws to me is not so much the box, but the internal foam lining.

Time to re-read my LH vs Gen review then :D

So, what about the Taka AR?I've send him a crystal for his new blue AR treatment and it came back almost green, greenish blue actually.

I'll try and take somemore pics of this, but outdoors, I find it near colorless to a slight tint of purple.

to be honest, the only thing i saw that was off was the screwdriver. lol. all rep's come with the red tip when it fact it should be black. beatiful watch, congratulations!

haha, yeah, tx picked up on that on wrist check :D