When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Patek Nautilus... Lovely After All

ubiquitous

Some of you will probably have recalled seeing my thread from last week:

PP Nautilus... Lovely or Ugly?

Well, much to my surprise and delight, a very generous member decided to gift me his TW Best PP Nautilus 3800/1A :o

I received this beauty today, and I must say... It is lovely. The overall finish of this watch is quite exquisite- Especially for a rep. To my recollection, it's quite accurate to the gen I got to examine- Perhaps not as finely finished, but we're talking quite the large difference in pricing accordingly.

But, what really makes this watch lovely to me is the very kind and generous gesture made by one particular individual. This piece has a permanent place in my collection, and I love it :wub:

On to the pics...

121801-21429.jpg

121801-21430.jpg

121801-21431.jpg

121801-21432.jpg

Side by side with another Genta design...

121801-21433.jpg

121801-21434.jpg

Wrist shots...

121801-21435.jpg

121801-21436.jpg

121801-21437.jpg

Mahalo!!

:lol:

• 1 month later...

Very nice watch, I broke down and picked up Admin' old one for a steal. Looks great on the wrist, I like that it is a little smaller.

Only complaints are lack of screw-down crown and the alignment on the roman numerals is kinda funny. I have actually been using it as a beater around the house... guess I like the irony :p

Cray-

The 3800/1A is a gorgeous piece- Rep or not. I've come to a whole new level of appreciation for it since Omni gifted me with his generous offering.

I recently saw on TRC that WM has a very nice Jumbo Nautilus for sale... If my funds weren't tied up in other projects, I'd jump on that one without a second thought....

Awesome sport and dressy watch too.

Randy , is that baby 40 mm (excl crown) ???

BTW: WM sells a very similar one at TRC.

This one is actually a bit smaller- 37mm - 38mm across the 9:00/3:00 axis excluding crown. It wears smaller than my Royal Oak which is 36mm across, but much longer lug to lug.

I've really grown to love this watch...