When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

replicas

jamesblake55

thanks for all the help. jkay, wallets not fat enough, but thanks anyways. how much do you guys think i should spend on a replica? for instance, on silix, there's an economy and high quality section with a price difference of a little over a 100 bucks. is there a big difference between a 100 and 250 dollar replica?

Well first let me say that there is a wealth of information here in this Community. As you read more and more you will learn 10x more than you thought was possible about our hobby.

Next, let me try and answer your questions:

Always shop around. Just because 1 dealer wants (for instance) $240 for a swiss-engine Noobmariner does not mean that another dealer does not have the same watch for $140. Every "trusted" dealer is able to set their own prices. Shop Around.

There are several different common watch movements you see in reps .. "mystery" movements are the lowest quality. Who knows where they come from? Then you have the Asian 21j series. Reliable work-horses and cheap! Seagull movements .. a real factory makes these, not chinese elves .. I'd place them as better then A21j. Next, ETA clone movements .. chinese made movements which are exact copies of Swiss movements. They can be very good but are probably quite dirty inside and need a good service when you get them. Lastly we have real Swiss ETA watch movements. They don't cost as much as you think, are as reliable as you would expect and also probably need to be serviced immediately, since they are kept in unsanitary conditions in the rep factories.

In a nutshell, one legitimate reason for price differences is which movement you pick to be inside of your watch! Many offer a choice. I know that the popular new Rolex Explorer II replica comes in 3 movements and 2 lume colors. They are priced widely depending on your own choices.

Some models offer the SAME watch body no matter which movement you select. Other models have cheaper watch bodies to match the cheap movement you select .. this is falling out of popularity, tho, as more dealers are bragging that they offer the same high quality body no matter which engine you choose.

The last thing Im going to mention here is that often a style of watch will be offered from different factories simultaneously. The Rolex DeepSea has at least 3 popular variants. The Planet Ocean has the same ... $100 for a nice POrikaa 42mm with Asia 21j movement or $250 for a full blown Ultimate PO 45mm with swiss movement.

To sum up - 3 things determine the price you pay for a replica: Movement, case accuracy/quality, and lastly, the profit margins set by the dealer you are speaking with.

wow, thank you for your response, uv been very helpful. sorry for my ignorance, but which category would the "Swiss Quartz Chronograph Movement" fall under? im looking into this burberry watch http://www.asian7750.com/cn/product_show.asp?big_pid=&ps_id=53&P_id=715&ti=. You are right, I've been on the forums for hours today and already have gained a wealth of knowledge

If it's a real Swiss quartz movement or a real Japanese Miyota quartz movement then expect years of happiness. Just change the batteries!

I can't comment on the build quality of the actual watch body. I meant to say this in my previous post but completely forgot: ALL reps, except those hand-inspected by a trusted modder, have a high percentage chance of having something wrong with them.

Why? Because there is no quality control in replica factories. None. They build them and package them in the same motion. No checks, no care .. nothing. Never fool yourself about this.

Always ask your rep dealer to email you photos of your watch so that you may OK it before shipment. You want to see it, before it goes in the box. believe me.

good tip. i was just comparing different sites and the first ones uses sapphire for the front glass, where as the second uses Mineral crystal scratch durable glass (http://www.watcheden.com/burberry-heritage-collection-working-chronograph-white-dial-couple-watch-i-31596-p-1.html). which one would you go with? also, considering that i have a low budget since i'm in college, do you think im better off just going with the gen tissot prc 200 instead?

thanks again

Ok there are code words some dealers use for the crystals .. ready?

Mineral Glass - glass. it scratches very easily.

Synthetic Sapphire crystal - glass! it scratches very easily.

Sapphire Crystal - almost as hard as diamonds. prolly won't scratch, ever.

---

As for buying an inexpensive genuine watch? Your call. I buy reps because I love watches, but refuse to pay $8500 for a stainless steel diver's watch.

• 3 weeks later...

I think you've found the right place to answer those questions , be prepared for some reading on the Briet and IWC sections and hit the links button at the top for the dealers

Warning people!!

Never buy fake watches from www.idolreplicas.com !!! and other.

Sometimes change the name but the they are the same.

Why?

- All Customs will block the watch.

- Legal action against you ( 400 undred euro or more)

- If watch arrive it isn't what you chose and what you payed.

- Try to change it is impossible and expansive.

- If the watch is wrong or broken you have to pay all shipping, cinese customs will block it

Remember and say that to each other

Read here for more information:

http://www.w3it.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?31-Siti-frode-truffa-Aquisti-e-vendite-sul-web-Fraud-sites-enquiry-cheat-warning