When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just recently bought a Navitimer rep... And I got problems.

MrIntense

Hello all, I recently purchased a Breitling Navitimer replica and now it seems like its acting funny.

I am a noob to high end watches so take it easy on me.

Well, I woke up this morning to find out, from the looks of it, the battery died, because all hands wasnt moving. It couldnt be the battery, I thought, since I just got the watch.

So I proceeded to change time to the curent time which was 1135. when I popped the crown back so it could possibly work again and the second hand moved a for like 5 seconds n stopped again. So now I didnt think it was the battery. So I shook the watch a little in frustation and I hear a winding sound coming the inside of the watch every time I shake it.

So I guess my question is, is this normal or will I have to get this checked out or a refund.

Thank you.

No battery inside, unless you specifically purchased a quartz version. The typical navi rep is an automatic movement so you just need to swirl it gently in your hand about 20 or so times and it should start up. The spinning sound you hear is the rotor which automatically winds the watch as you wear it. Swirl it like you are swirling a good brandy in a brandy snifter. Nice and gentle :D

Hello all, I recently purchased a Breitling Navitimer replica and now it seems like its acting funny.

I am a noob to high end watches so take it easy on me.

Well, I woke up this morning to find out, from the looks of it, the battery died, because all hands wasnt moving. It couldnt be the battery, I thought, since I just got the watch.

So I proceeded to change time to the curent time which was 1135. when I popped the crown back so it could possibly work again and the second hand moved a for like 5 seconds n stopped again. So now I didnt think it was the battery. So I shook the watch a little in frustation and I hear a winding sound coming the inside of the watch every time I shake it.

So I guess my question is, is this normal or will I have to get this checked out or a refund.

Thank you.

:acute:

"So I shook the watch a little in frustation and I hear a winding sound coming the inside of the watch every time I shake it."

Lol!

Or he is really a rookie or someone is messing with us ;-)

All in all it put a smile on my face!

On topic:

As said before, it's an automatic watch so fully charged it will run 2 days without being on your wrist or on a winder