When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Type of movement in Breitling for Bentley, Big date, 6.75

watchas1

It is advertised everywhere as A7750, but it seems that A7750 has at 6h - hour counter, 9h - second counter, 12h - minute counter, which is not the BB layout (it has date at 12h)???

It is so that A7753 is the right movement for BB? Or maybe A7750 and A7753 are interchangeable?

Edited by watchas1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for reply,

I have the old movement with bent balance wheel axis, so I am looking for a new movement. I could exchange the date mechanism from the old movement to the new one.

So, I guess I should buy "6-HR,9-SEC,3-MIN" version, right?

Thanks ;)

The other issue is the complication for the big date...this is a Asian hack job for the most part, that really is not reliable.

I just wrapped up a full service on one of these. It is indeed a highly modified A7750. But after the modifications it barely even resembles any kind of 7750 any more. The running seconds are at 3, hour totalizer at 6, and 30-minute counter is at 9, plus the big date complication as mentioned previously. Fairly complex movement if you ask me. I hadn't worked on one before and had no idea what was in store.

All in all, though, very nice watch. And with a proper service I don't foresee any movement issues. The big date complicated is actually rather simple. As long as the gears and jumper springs are clean and lubricated, I don't see why this complication would be any more prone to failure than other complications. It's really just 4 extra gears, 2 of them with staggered teeth, and a quick set wheel. It's pretty well made if you ask me.

DSCF7181.jpg

DSCF7177.jpg

DSCF7176.jpg

DSCF7175.jpg

DSCF7171.jpg

DSCF7170.jpg

watchas1, are you certain there are many "dead" parts inside? Have you disassembled it to any degree?

I have one of these that went through a full service and its been running strong for years. Any A7750 will be unreliable without a serviceing. After being properly lubricated they are said to be as reliable as a swiss ETA 7750

dizz