When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM111H AR Stripping/blue 'tint' removal

Vic_Vendrell

Depends on the strength: (lowest to highest)

1)use alcohol/acetone (might dissolve the rubber gasket though)

2)use sandpaper with polishing paste*

*if mineral crystal, you'd need to buy crystal polish to buff out the scratches afterward.

Has anyone compiled a list of AR colours on the various crystals throughout the different series and models?

From various posts it seems that some of the earlier series had a light pink AR, some of the later autos a faint blue. It is quite inconsistent, so if you AR isn't a strong Blue or Purple, it may not be worth the removal. But if it is that awful Purple or strong Blue, by all means Dremel away or rub it off with Diamond paste (which is what I've done a couple of times with good results)

just stripped two today...popped the crystals out to make it easier...on mine - blue ar was only on the inside...

used stainless steel polishing paste/creme and a scotch brite pad (the kind with green scotch brite on one side and yellow sponge on the other (standard kitchen item)...slightly damp - not that i think it mattered...

in about 5-10 minutes of rubbing with pressure - they were stripped...

i also don't have a crystal press - but have found that with constant even pressure you can put them back...taking them out is a simple push out...

R-