When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watchwinder not working.....ETAs work, Serviced A7750s wont

I have an 8 watch winder that winds 1 min clockwise 1 min anticlockwise every 30 minutes. All my rolexes with ETAs maintain perfect time. My 4 serviced and modded APROOs (work done by a very reputable member of this board) dont keep time.... They work for about 10-12 hrs then one by one they stop ticking....Any recommendations out there?

the only solution to this problem, if you want them on a winder and kept wound is to purchase a winder that allows you to set each winder individually. I have a Steinhausen which worked very well for about 5 years before it started to fail. First one winder went out then the second, I think now only one out of 4 still work. I finally gave up on winders after having about 4 over the past 10+ years. I like the security of keeping my watches inside a fireproof safe, so it's not possible to use a winder anyway.For all the newer quickset watches, it's simple to reset the date. Another thing, if you leave your watches on your wiinder for a couple of weeks, the time will be off at least a couple of minutes and they will need to be reset anyway.

true true....I only wanted to keep them on time, because Im afraid of the screw in crown system of AP ROOs.... They seem very flimsy. I dont want to end up with a crown that cant be screwed in.

Yep, known issue with so-called "Fuzzy Logic" aka "No Logic" winders that simply alternate clockwise vs CCW. This also applies to AceTimer winders.

I have a GEN 7750 based watch, and even setting it to 1000 TPDs will only "extend" its being wound about 1.5 weeks from a full wind, sit in the winder that long.

Most of these winders work off of simply "Polarity Switching" to the DC motor. You can HACK it by bypassing the logic board and setting the polarity the way you want it.

I have a GEN 7750 based watch, and even setting it to 1000 TPDs will only "extend" its being wound about 1.5 weeks from a full wind, sit in the winder that long.

Really? My Gens and A7750 are set to 800 TPD and some sit for months without being worn without issue... <_< other then running a little slow or fast. 7750's only require 800 TBD to maintain their power levels. 1000 TPD should be taking them to full power.

^^^

Yep. A 7750 requires 650 TPD Clockwise I believe. Setting the AceTimer to 1000TPD = 500 CW, 500 CCW so 150 short.

Actually the best experience I have had was with a 7753 that did "extend" to about a month...

^^^

Yep. A 7750 requires 650 TPD Clockwise I believe. Setting the AceTimer to 1000TPD = 500 CW, 500 CCW so 150 short.

Actually the best experience I have had was with a 7753 that did "extend" to about a month...

There is your problem...A7750/ETA 7750's/775X require 800TPD Clockwise. 2824/2836/clones require 650TPD in either direction.

Exactly, buyer beware of using an (unmodified) AceTimer or any of the non-hard settable CW/CCW winders for "one way" winding movements.

I still get a laugh of AceTimers "Fuzzy Logic" advertising claims. All it is is a circuit that reverses polarity to the DC motors after xMinutes to cause them to spin the opposite direction. :whistling: