When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dssd from trevor

the dude abides

Just received a dssd from Trevor and I am very pleased with the transaction, quality, and price. He was quick in his replies to my questions, sent qc pics and offered a quality product. First a few thoughts on the rep. Really the only knocks I have on the watch is the pearl, as expected, and a slightly misaligned date wheel...only noticable to a scrutinizing eye. Other than that the watch is brilliant.

A couple of features that are correct, but I believe to be Rolex flaws would be the small crown attached to the topside of the clasp. It is a correct representation on the rep, but this is supposed to be Rolex's "tough work" watch and this small piece just seems to get hung up throughout everyday activities. The second complaint is the thickness and protrusion of the clasp itself. This also has the opportunity to snag on things b/c of its design. But, in its defense I like the small incremental sizing options for the perfect fit.

The watch, as noted by other members, is very top heavy and has the propencity to slide around on the wrist if not fitted snuggly. But it is an incredible representation of the deep sea overall and I am very pleased with not only the watch, but my first dealing with Trevor. Here are some pics if I can get them to download...

dssd.zipdssdmove2.htm

Looks great. Glad your happy overall with it.

To the points you mentioned. Did you get the ETA or the Asian clone?

This watch is VERY beefy, and definitely not the most comfy watch i have in my collection because of it's bulk and top heavines.. But the same is true for the gen. I don't have the problem with the Rolex crown on the clasp getting caught on anything, although because the clasp is sooo thick, it often gets in my when typing on a desk etc.

Cant wait to see the wrist shots!! :)

Those are pretty nice watches. I think that one thing that all of them are lacking in are the OGEV (Original Gas Escape valve) ring doesn't line up like it should, but none of the other reps do either, and some genuines are rotated out of position as well.

How is the lume? I have one from ETZ, the 2010 version, and the lume glows brightly for a few minutes and then rapidly fades away. That can be fixed if you want one that glows like a torch, you can send it off to one of our forum watchsmiths for a lume job. Otherwise wear it in good health.