When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ETA 2846 and 2836 Part Compatible?

btocamelo

I read some where that some of the parts are compatible....is this true and which ones? I know one is 21K and the other is a 28K beat.

I recently received a watch with a 1680, I knew it was not working from the seller description, and the description stated that nothing was seen as wrong with the movement.

Well, when I opened the watch yesterday....the rotor and balance/bridge assembly are all over the place...screws off...good stuff grin.gif

Anyhow....since I don't think I can put the balance bridge back on to make it work...I'm looking around for parts or a complete ETA 2846 21J movement.

I understand that maybe I could use a 2836 balance/bridge assembly in my 2846?

Can you guys confirm or deny? Thanks in advance!!!

2846 dimensions are similar to 2836:

1.5''', Dm= 25.6mm

H= 5.2mm

17/21 jewels (2836 has a 25J)

f = 21600 A/h (2836 is 28880)

power reserve 48h (2836 has 40hr)

No,i dont think you cant use 36 in 46 assembly, movement wise 36 and 46 are compatible. Individual parts not all. Considering the beat rate of 46 is 21k6 and 36 is 28k8 transplant the balance assembly wont work.

Not to worry, 1680 needs 46 above 36 as the beat rate is too high (gen is 19ksomething 6?), anyways 46 is not expensive and on 1680 you not need any high canon pinions, so any movement will do, probably can be had working for 50usd. Hand sizes are exactly the same.

Edited by slickdick