When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can ETA 2846 take 2836 parts?

btocamelo

I read some where that some of the parts are compatible....is this true and which ones? I know one is 21K and the other is a 28K beat.

This is a movement question....but since it relates to many of the 1680's coming out, I'll post it here as well for more visibility....any input from the Rolex guys would be great!

I recently purchased a used PT 1680, I knew it was not working from the seller's description, and the seller also mentioned that nothing was seen wrong with the movement.

Well, when I opened the watch yesterday....the rotor and balance/bridge assembly are all over the place...screws off...rattling around...good stuff....what do you want for $80 grin.gif

Anyhow, no sense in bitching at the seller....since I don't think I can put the balance bridge back on to make it work...I'm looking around for parts or a complete ETA 2846 21J movement.

I understand that maybe I could use a 2836 balance/bridge assembly in my 2846?....(I have some recent feedback that this is not possible)

Can you guys confirm or deny? Thanks in advance!!!

2846 dimensions are similar to 2836:

1.5''', Dm= 25.6mm

H= 5.2mm

17/21 jewels (2836 has a 25J)

f = 21600 A/h (2836 is 28880)

power reserve 48h (2836 has 40hr)

Ofrei does not sell 2846, Borel sells them for about $100, and Ebay has very few used not working for $30 to $60.....I don't see anyone that sells parts...I don't think PT or Trusty will provide a complete movement.

Unless the parts are broken... just use the ETA disassembly/assembly guides.

Even for a novice like me, I've pretty much managed to take apart most of a 2836 or 2846 and have it go back together working! And yes, a lot of the parts are interchangeable.

If you want an EBay deal... I think OCTO watches are ones that carry 2846's.

Edited by pr0digy30

Unless the parts are broken... just use the ETA disassembly/assembly guides.

Even for a novice like me, I've pretty much managed to take apart most of a 2836 or 2846 and have it go back together working! And yes, a lot of the parts are interchangeable.

If you want an EBay deal... I think OCTO watches are ones that carry 2846's.

Yeah, I've been checking those OCTO watches.....but it seems the seller is bidding up the price at the end, then if you don't bid up he sends you a second chance offer after the auction....his second chance was $68.00 + $6 for shipping...this was for the cheap leather OCTO with the 2846.....I declined.

some folks say that the watch will usually sell for $50

Just got one from fleabay last sunday for $71.00 + shipping out of desperation to get my 1016 built. The one I got from last month was only $54.00 + shipping, Just be on the look out. If bidding becomes crazy wait for the next one, He usually has 2 watches on ebay per week.

Sly