When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM25 arrived today

milesd

I ordered a T48SL .9mm. However if you get the swiss, you can't get the spring loaded crown because the swiss movement (I THINK) has a 1.2mm thread stem and currently T doesn't make crowns that fit.

An A7750 stem will fit the swiss movement. or you can also order a 0.9mm swiss stem so I don't see the problem.

Sander,

I'm not so keen on DSN getting the cyclops placement and mag correct so I sourced a PAM199 Ultimate with the incorrect old v1 6mm cyclops. The Ultimates factory used to make its v1 199 with a 6mm cyclops. You can still see it on Angus site but around 8-10 months ago the factory switched to the correct 7mm one and that's the one you will get if you order a 199 from any dealer today.

The distinguishing characteristic of the v1 with a 6mm cyclops is it's overly green lume, hands and dial matching. The new version has several improvements, the lume is not super green and the hands are lighter than the dial, apparently to simulate the patina effect. Another improvement on the new model is very nicely decorated A7750 movement with engine turning crisply engraved rotor and now a micro-regulator. Not to mention that while still not perfect the midcase of the cartel Sub is heads and shoulders above DSN's morbidly obese case.

I had my dealer ask the factory to make one-off Ultimate 199 latest version but install the old v1 crystal with cyclops.

post-11419-058808200 1283616606.jpg

My plan is to attempt a transplant of the DSN bezel and if it fails turn this 199 into a transitional 24D without bucket rings around chapter markers.