When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM25 arrived today

milesd

thanks for the extra pics.

I'm a little concerned about the cyclops.

Like someone else wrote before, it's placed too far to the left and it's 7 instead of 6mm.

So it seems that the crystals are leftovers from other than 7750 movements

I've heard that the crystal of the ultimate 199 does fit. 6mm cyclops and placed at the right spot!

This would be nice because I have one :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Nice watch indeed :victory:

For me biggest flaw and immediate give away is still 7750 movement cannon pin.

DSN old 7750 movement models had a not very well cut-polished cannon pin. Now it has a much better cut and it is glossy but too tall/long.

If cannon pin will be short as needed, I will be 100% buyer, but today no PAM with 7750 movement for me unfortunately.

Strange, I don`t care that case lug´s shape is not correct, I don´t care about crystal or cyclops size, don`t care about CG or date wheel,but cannon pin...it disturb me a lot :mellow:

Nice watch indeed :victory:

For me biggest flaw and immediate give away is still 7750 movement cannon pin.

DSN old 7750 movement models had a not very well cut-polished cannon pin. Now it has a much better cut and it is glossy but too tall/long.

If cannon pin will be short as needed, I will be 100% buyer, but today no PAM with 7750 movement for me unfortunately.

Strange, I don`t care that case lug

post-9210-007642800 1283297101.jpg

post-9210-035569300 1283297106.jpg

Nice watch... the cannon pin does protrude a fair bit now doesn't it?

You guys reckon its possible to flatten, sand down and high polish the cannon pin or will that just damage the cannon pin?

Me and some mates are about to pull the trigger on DSN's updated 25A. SO any opinions will be appreciated.

Yes it does. it seems to be even more than usual.

You cannot sand down the cannon pin because it's made out of brass. If you sand and polish it, it will be yellow.

besides that, what you see in the pic is a little cap which closes the hole of the standard cannon pin.

when you remove this cap, the height of the pinion is correct but then you will end up with a hole in the middle.

I removed the cap and shortened the pinion. I made a new stainless steel cap which is lower than the original cap.

Voila!

post-9210-026572300 1283306884.jpg

You cannot sand down the cannon pin because it's made out of brass. If you sand and polish it, it will be yellow.

besides that, what you see in the pic is a little cap which closes the hole of the standard cannon pin.

when you remove this cap, the height of the pinion is correct but then you will end up with a hole in the middle.

I removed the cap and shortened the pinion. I made a new stainless steel cap which is lower than the original cap.

Voila!

post-9210-026572300 1283306884.jpg

Thanks sander, that is a interesting idea, I will try it probably also in future. But please add pictures when you install new correct pinion on your watch. How does it look?

milesd: sorry- we don`t want to spoil your new watch topic. Maybe is better to do new topic- DIY- normal size cannon pinon for 7750 movement PAM?

Milesd-what type of crown did you order? Looking at Swiss version so was wondering what length of crown to order.

Thanks

I ordered a T48SL .9mm. However if you get the swiss, you can't get the spring loaded crown because the swiss movement (I THINK) has a 1.2mm thread stem and currently T doesn't make crowns that fit.