When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Porsche experts please chime in!

By-Tor

928 all the way!

I love these cars, my favourite Porsche model i think. I've driven every Porsche road car model type apart from the 959, CGT and Panamera and there's always been something about the 928 that I love. Beautiful car, well ahead of it's time. Drive a 1970's 911 and then a 928 and it's a different world. Get a good one and keep it forever :)

You have no idea how lucky you are with your 928 prices in the US. If I lived over there, I'd buy three. Here in Europe they're much more expensive, and a good ones have 911 prices. It's very well respected car in Germany.

Just realized what a huge price difference there is in this model, if we're talking good condition GTS, GT or S4, the prices I laughed at in above post are not valid. :pardon:

But there is a nice black '92 GTS with 144k km for about 19 900

Just realized what a huge price difference there is in this model, if we're talking good condition GTS, GT or S4, the prices I laughed at in above post are not valid. :pardon:

But there is a nice black '92 GTS with 144k km for about 19 900€ (full documentation and much equipment) for sale in Sweden, thought you'd like some price data for comparison. And I know that the owner of the dealership 'drives' not only one but two 959's :Jumpy:

You can't compare the old model prices (1978-1986) to the newer ones. The most pristine GTS versions can cost 40K € in Germany and all sources say that the prices are going up. That would probably be a good buy right now.

If you find a good car of the old model (that Wheeler Dealers example), it could be a bargain. You get 100hp more than 911 Carrera of the same age... for half the price.

Yeah I drove it. It was an amazing car but the taxes (when importing it from another country) would have been too high. Scandinavia sucks when it comes to cars and their taxation. :(

I'm eyeing also a BMW 850i (a local car) and I'm probably going to test drive one today. 928 is still the first option but there aren't many pristine ones for sale here.